OK so I have been a flake at church lately, I do have an excuse though and it was my health so at least that makes it better :) Up until 3 months ago it was really hard for me to make it to church or to hold any kind of calling when we never knew when I was going to skip church or be there for Scouts but now that I am doing much better I finally got a calling and am really excited about it. I was called to serve as a Beehive adviser, to those of you who don't know it is a position in the Young Women's organization to help the very young ladies, guide them, teach them and support them. I had not been in the YW organization for over 14 years now and honestly I really missed it.
It feels like it is going to be a good fit for me and although I can't imagine Shayna being super excited about her mom being there with her, I am looking forward to get to know all the girls and be around young people, where the drama lasts only a couple of hours or so, unlike grown ups who bring more drama into my life.
We had our first official presidency meeting tonight and it felt good to be accepted in the group and have them listen to me and acknowledge my ideas. Hopefully the girls will accept me as well and since I am not really as one of the principal leaders but more as a helper I don't really feel like a big weight on my shoulders, the Beehives are the biggest group in the YW right now, I think they have like 8 or 9 right now.
I know my Heavenly Father is trying to give me a little push here, he knows and strengths and weaknesses, he knows I can do this and also that it will bring me to where I need to be, I have been struggling spiritually for a few years now and he knows my battles, he knows exactly what I need.
I am putting my trust in him and can already feel him guiding me. As we sat at the meeting tonight we all felt good about the things that we discussed and it felt so different from when we first started the meeting, not knowing what we were supposed to do or how to start off. I could also see that we are all very interested in the welfare of all the girls and that's the main thing, to bring those girls to where they can fulfill their potentials and become great YW. We'll see how long I'll last :)

No comments:
Post a Comment