Friday, November 16, 2012

My baby is officially a toddler.

 Let me just start by saying that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little girl, she is the coolest last baby we could have ever ask for.  She is the best and even though there are many times at the store where I wish the earth will just swallow me whole because she is throwing the biggest fit ever..... I do love her and she is so cool.
This week Kahlan decided to try to climb out of her crib, I caught he red handed and it scared me so much.  She is so tiny but nothing is impossible for her.  Since I don't want her to brake any bones I suggested that we take the crib down and find a toddler bed, buying a brand new one was out of the question since we are thinking about dong a big change in the sleeping arrangements some time next year. I have a special budget for it and didn't want to mess with it so I turned to my friends on FB and ask my local friends who had a toddler bed we could borrow for a couple of months.... turns out my friend Loretta had one in the garage that she didn't need anymore and was happy to donate to us.  So grateful for her gift and the next day I went to pick it up and put it together myself, I just couldn't wait for Dan to help.  When I finished and she woke up from her nap, took her in the room and showed her the brand new bed with her bedding and favorite stuffed animals, she loved it and kept saying "night night", she fell in love it. It was so cute.
 She didn't want to leave the room and cried when it was time to go get Aaron.  These are the pics of the first time she got on it and how happy she was to have her own little bed to get in and out of.
 Now to brag about my awesome baby.  Dan and I have been really good about not sleeping with babies on our bed, first because I dropped Shayna off the bed the first night we got home from the hospital and I woke up to find her face down on the floor... it was so scary.  So I swore to never have a baby in my bed.  There have been a few exceptions I guess but just for a couple of hours.  Second we just can't sleep with a baby kicking us all night long.  Another thing that I had to get used to was that no matter how hard it was they had to stay in their bed, they were fed, diaper changed, we read them books and did everything they needed so we didn't take them out unless it was feeding time again.  It was really hard with Shayna because she was my first one and I didn't like to hear her cry but Dan was right, she was fine and had to get used to it. Victor was easy because he would sing himself to sleep, by the time we had Tristan I was ready to get my sleep and he was a good baby, plus the room was far away from us and we could not hear him cry.  Aaron was cool too, it got a while for him to get used to his toddle bed though and on the first night he busted his lip right before I had to go to work and he ended up with a fat lip.  He eventually learned to stay put.  But do you know what Kahlan did on the first night?  I put her in her bed, sang to her, tucked her in and left the room, I did hear her cry for like 3 or 5 minutes at the most but then it was quiet, an hour later I went to check in on her and she was asleep on her bed.  Second night the same thing and the next morning she was awake but waiting for me to come get her, she was still in her bed.  Last night Shayna put her to bed and there was no crying at all, she even closed her eyes and said "night night".  Can she be any more perfect  I think not!!  OK so some babies read early, some babies are great eaters or great talkers, but MY BABIES, they are great sleepers and great nappers which means the world to me because I need my sleep. I am not saying my babies are dumb because they are not, it just takes a little while for some of them speak clearly but other than that they are great.  There I am done bragging now.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger