Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween 2012


 This year we didn't have the family all matchy like we usually like to do, every other year I let the kids pic what ever they want to be for Halloween and I usually just buy something from the Dollar General or whoever has cheap stuff.  I had a cool coupon to use at the fabric store so I went and got some inexpensive fabric and spent about $14.00 in material.  Aaron wanted to be a cowboy and since I had bought the pattern to do a costume for a friend I figure I could use the extra one in there for Aaron.  It fit perfectly and it turned out to be my favorite costume of all the ones that I made.  He plays the part really well.


He said "Howdy mam"

Here he is pretending he just got off his horse.


 Years ago we got a pattern for Shayna to be a Native American... but never got around doing it and turns out I only got 1 yard of the fabric to do the outfit and the pattern called for 3.... so instead I made up my own pattern and came up with his cute outfit.  I think it turned great with all the embellishments.  I think I am starting to get really good at coming up with my own stuff now. It might be simple but it worked.  She loved it. She made her earrings out of a dream catcher she got at the Dollar Tree and a necklace too. We found a braid of hair at the dollar store too and attached it to her hair... it look really good, except it wasn't the same shade, but guess what?  She won the contest at church for best costume in the teenager group... yay!!


 She came up with her hair piece.




Tristan really wanted to be a pirate and his costume was way too fun to make.  We also got a braid of hair from the dollar store and attached it to his pirate hat and then made a bunch of braids.  His shirt and vest were made out of two old Sunday shirts that Dan didn't use anymore, his pants are up-cycled from a different Halloween costume. We got his necklaces at the dollar store too and did the make up myself.
 
 Such a nice looking pirate, he also won the contest for best costume in his age group.


 Here is my special with.  I did a simple dress, my own pattern too and the hat and hair came from the dollar store too....


 Here is Aaron being super silly.
 Kahlan got her outfit from the dollar store too, except the shirt is from Walmart and she was a cute kitty but she would not let me take a pic.


 I had been sick the previous week with a nasty flu and fever... hence my horrible cold sore, I tried to disguise by putting a face tattoo .. The idea was to make me look like one of those Mexican skulls... I got some fake eyelashes and there you have it.  People didn't really noticed too much because my face was too busy ha ha.


 Dan used his regular Halloween cape and this time he got red eyes, they looked really freaky.
 Here is a close up of my make up.

On the actual Halloween night we stayed local and took the kids all over the neighborhood.  Victor actually did not have a cool costume this year because he loves to be different and on Halloween night he could not find his costume so we found an extra one we had laying around and he was a ninja.

 Kahlan trick or treating for the first time.

 The loot!!!  they were very successful. For the first since we moved here we actually walked the entire neighborhood and took us about 2 hours to get done.  The kids were so happy and Tristan even got a BYU basketball... we are still trying to figure out how that happened.
Dan was pulling Kahlan in the wagon the whole time and it was really cute to see her get all excited about the candy, she would walk all by herself and ask people "tick e tick" too cute.  She got special treats like animal crackers but her favorite were the lollipops.  My mom and I kept trying to fool her and take out the candy so she couldn't make a mess but after a while she caught on and would not let go of her bag... she is a smart one.


We are really excited to see what we can come up for next year costumes!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger