OK first of all let me just start by saying that I am so freaked out by bugs, any kind but specially the ones that are small enough for you to miss and can multiply so quickly. Tristan came home from school one day saying that they found lice on his head... it was horrifying and I immediately took him out to the backyard to see for myself and sure enough there they were. Horrible little creatures!! I asked Shayna to stay home with the kids while I went on a quest for a lice kit. I came home to cut off all of their hair, first Victor because I knew he was clean and didn't want to spread them around. Aaron was playing with Tristan earlier so he got one on his head but he was clean too, no eggs. After I shaved all of their head I went and use the shampoo and gel to kill all those suckers. Once I got all the stuff out of their head we washed all their bedding and clothes, stuffed animals and sprayed the entire house for lice. I did not rest until it was done. Later that evening Dan said the sweetest thing to me, he said I was a good mom and that it showed that I love my kids because I took care of the situation so fast and effectively. It had never happened before. I always thought it would be Shayna the one to bring them into our home but never the boys. I feel like I dropped the ball but I will never again let their hair grow long enough for those things to hide again, NEVER!!
So the next day we had the Math night at school and I took all three boys with me, we have tried it in the past but it was always hard to go with every one, too many kids and Dan did not have the patience to be there for an hour and a half. He stayed home with the girl and did homework and I braved the craziness. It really wasn't that bad.
Victor really loves Math and stayed by himself in the 5th grade area solving the problems and dong all the quests they had for him. The idea was to complete a Bingo page so they could get a free snack in the end and participate in a giveway.
Tristan, Aaron and I went to the 2nd and Kinder area to do some math games too, they did all the games and taught me some cool games to do at home.
Here is Aaron doing some addition and making a fashion statement with his favorite tie made by me :) Everybody would make a comment about it and he would just smile, I swear it was all his idea.
The boys just before we headed home.
.JPG)
They entered a chance to win some games by estimating how many items were in a jar and out of the three boys Tristan won!! He came home the next day with a brand new game of Connect 4.

It was a fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment