Once upon a time there was a young couple who thought they were ready to get married and so they did... a year later they thought they were ready to become parents and so they did, not realizing how though parenting was going to be they decided to to do it again and again and again and again. 14 years later they took a look back at their lives and how everything had turned out and decided that it was all great and no mater how many mistakes they had made along the way they still wanted to be together and given the choice again they would do it all over again and again....
I am truly blessed to have married my best friend, to had done it when we did and how we did it. Life has been tough at times and we had fallen and gotten up again, we have supported each other in the good and the bad, we have come to know one another better than anyone else and loved one another like no one else had before. I know how Dan thinks, what he likes, what makes him mad and I can surely push his buttons just like pushes mine but we also know and respect our boundaries and most importantly love our family and because of our family we will continue to stay strong, be there for each other. It doesn't seem like 14 years, I guess when you are having fun time goes fast. We know there is room to grow and get better, we know we are not perfect but we try our best, together we are invincible and we can do anything.
I pray that we can have 14 years more together, that we can appreciate every single day we spend together and that some day we will look back again still feel we have made the right choice.
I think what makes Dan and I strong is that we do not follow a pattern that is expected, we are not trying to be that perfect couple or put on a show for everyone else out there. We are learning from our own experiences and figuring out this life together. I loves this quote and will share it on here and of course just want to say for the record that I love my husband and will do till the end of times, there is no one I rather live with...
If you choose wisely and if you are committed to the success of your marriage, there is nothing in this life which will bring you greater happiness. —Thomas S. Monson, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


No comments:
Post a Comment