BEFORE PICS
Shayna is my number one procrastinator at the house (OK I am guilty too), but seriously when I told her to clean up for the 5th time, I found her sitting on her behind playing on the computer. That did it for me. I went crazy and took all her books off the shelves, all her toys and countless trash that was hiding under the mattresses and piled it up in a corner while I took her bed apart. She has this cute bunk bed that Dan got for her back in Utah when we first moved there. I was never happy with it in the first place because I always wanted her room in a special way and the big bulky bed made it impossible to create the atmosphere that Shayna needed. But we got the bed and what did she do the first week? She broke the desk part where the keyboard goes, she painted all over the bunk bed, put stickers and just made a big mess with it. I always felt she never really appreciated what she had. I had told Dan that I wanted to transfer that bed unto the boys room so Victor could have it and he just didn't think it was a good idea.
So on Monday in my crazy single mom status I lost it and Shayna is now without her upper bunk bed. I created a space for Victor that he so desperately needed and he LOVES LOVES LOVES it, the fact that he has a desk and his own bookshelf
It was a lot of work and at times I thought I was not going to be strong enough to move that heavy piece of furniture but I made it and with no broken bones or a single scratch. I am so proud of myself for accomplishing all of that by myself before Dan got home that night.
On top of everything I probably saved about $200.00 by recycling Shayna's bed. The only thing we needed to get was a little drawer cabinet for her lamp to sit on and a little book shelf for her many items that needed to be stored somehow. I found a cheap book case for $15.00 and the little totes are from the dollar store, aren't they cute?
AFTER PICS

2 comments:
It all looks great!!
I just did this with my kids' rooms too and it feels so good to have them all clean and organized! They turned out great!
Post a Comment