
My Shayna turned 10 on the 30
th!!! I always say she is growing too fast and I can see changes going on already. I sure miss my chubby cheek baby but there are so many wonderful things that she has learned in the last 10 years. I have been there for every single thing that she has done, crawling, walking, saying her first words, going to school, etc. She has turned into a beautiful young lady and we love her so much. She brings so much fun and love to this household. She sure is our little princess!!! She begged for bangs just before her birthday and I had to do it just so she could be happy, I personally don't like them but she absolutely loves them. Her daddy gave her an MP3 player for her birthday and she loves it.

I offered her to go on a shopping spree at the mall, she loves the stuff they sell at
Claire's and so that is what we did. We took her out for dinner the night before her birthday,

she requested to go to Denny's again since that has been our family tradition for a few years now. Sadly she ordered hot cocoa that night and Dan ended up spilling it all over herself in her brand new outfit.

She survived it, that same night we went shopping for her little things at the mall. She knew exactly what she wanted and picked out a whole bunch of things from the discounted section, she is already learning to be just like her mama.

On her actual birthday we had cake and that was the end of it.

The cake is supposed to look like a cushion with some quilting going on...
Grandma sent her a very touching birthday card and it made us both cry on the way home, Shayna is still missing her grandpa a lot. Grandma also sent her a cute movie that we already watched.
Steven and Amber gave her a cute piggy bank that she got to color all on her own and some day I will post a picture of it, she did a great job.
We also took her to the movies and she thought that was a very special treat, it had been a long time since we went out just the three of us without the kids. On the 31st. I took the three older kids to go see The Frog and the Prince and it turned out to be really fun, they behaved very well and shared the popcorn, they were quiet and loved the movie.
New Year's eve was not that exciting really, it probably was because we were all sick. Steven and Amber came over and they were sick as well, so you can imagine what kind of evening it was.

Dan and Steven played Rock Band for a little while and then we mostly just sat around, ate some goodies and waited for the New Year. I am planning on having a great New Year's celebration for 2011, I want to have fun!!! Hopefully we wont be sick by then.

My kids did not make till midnight...
1 comment:
I can't believe that Shayna is 10!! She is just getting prettier and prettier every year. I love the bangs. So sorry that you were sick for new years, no fun!! It can only get better though!! I also LOVE that picture of the DC temple. AMAZING!! It makes me homesick.
Post a Comment