So we are finally at the end of this LONG LONG LONG weekend and we are so glad Dan is coming home tonight. We are planning to go pick him up and wait for him with a sign and everything. I have been having such a hard time with him gone and any times broke down crying and the kids got a little worried for a while. Tristan asked me last night "So now what is going to happen? Is Daddy coming ever coming back?" I know, I know, a drama queen over here crying my eyes out in front of my kids :) They have actually been their normal selves, but by me being the only one to care for them it just seemed like it was intensified a million times.
We kept busy all weekend, Friday Shayna had a special thing going on at the Humble Civic Center,

she had entered a drawing contest and they were displaying her picture at this Rodeo Art Show.

She was so happy to get a ribbon for it. I took the kids to Chick File for dinner that night, since Shayna had a Spelling Bee at school and she got a coupon for participating in it. So she got a free meal and I got a free sandwich and I only payed $10.00 to feed 4 kids and me.

I LOVE coupons. Saturday we went to the craft store and got some colored pencils, acrylic paint and special paper for Shayna to paint, we kind of had a little art contest but it ended up being a nightmare since Shayna spilled the paint on the carpet as she was walking all over the place with her painting not realizing she was dripping the paint all over. So we did not finish that all the way, but she did a great job on the painting.

Yesterday we went to church, the Spanish branch they have at the stake center and I really liked it. The kids had a hard time understanding except for Shayna, but I think it was a cool experience for everyone.
Shayna has been helping me with the quilt I am working on and she does a good job, I already promised her to work on her own quilt with her own design. So that was my weekend husband less and I don't want to do that again any time soon. I am glad he had the chance to go back and be with his brothers, sister and mom, glad he is able to bring back some memories from his dad, including a rifle (not so happy about that) and hope that he appreciates the time he had by himself but also hope that she missed us and will come back and give us big hugs and kisses because we sure missed him.
PS. I was also working a cute cake that I had to deliver on Saturday, I think it turned out really cute and the costumer loved it.
2 comments:
I'm glad you survived the weekend! Sounds like they had a really good experience back in VA. And that is so cool about Shayna's art and spelling stuff!! I always wanted to be good at drawing... haha.
How does anyone every do it with out a husband? I don't care to actually know the answer to that question! :) Good job surviving... I hate when Seth is gone, but it also gives me a bit of a sense of accomplishment. That i can do it all! DId you feel that way? ANyway... he has many nights (when he is away) where I have called him at 3am crying my eyes out! :) I think you did great!
ANd I want to see pics of the cake! :)
Post a Comment