We were so happy to go again this year to the wonderful Renaissance Festival here in Texas, for me it was my 6th time all together. Why do I like going? Because as a little girl I always dreamt of being a princess and wearing those long dresses which I never got to do, also watching movies and looking at the way things used to be makes you want to go back in time and be part of it. So yes for one day I get to dress up and be part of something some people might find silly but I find fascinating and enjoy it so much. The whole family gets excited and it gives the little ones the chance to explore new things. We saw all kinds of people of course, like a guy who was dressed in a pink fairy outfit with wings and all, the almost naked lady who was wearing nothing but a bikini and see through chain mail to cover the upper part, guys in tights, very large women with sexy outfits but also cute little girls with butterfly wings, monks, lots of Robin Hoods, the king and Queen, cool intricate dresses and cool armor. You seriously need to go to one of these things some day it is very cool. Steven, Amber and kids joined us very early in the morning and were all dressed up, Amber's sewing skills are amazing and she made the cutest dresses for her girls
We walked for hours, my feet hurt by the end of the day but it was so worth it, my favorite thing as always was to sit and listen to the awesome music the bands were playing, they had a lady with a violin and there was the Tartanic band who play music with drums and bagpipes, it just makes want to get up and dance with them. We bought two of their CDs because they just sound so good.
Shayna and Tristan tried this cool boat were they were swinging themselves with ropes and it looked like so much fun, Tristan is so small he could barely do it, so Shayna ended up doing it all by herself.
We lost track of Steven and Amber after a while, we managed to stay together most of the time, except for the last two hours. It seems they went home an hour earlier before we did, I wanted to stay until they close but my shoes were not my best friends by the end of the day, so we took off hoping to come back again next year and enjoy it all over again. So who ever wants to come with us, I offer to make the outfit for their whole family (you'll have to buy the material) and I promise you will have the time of your life :)

1 comment:
How fun! You guy look amazing!
Post a Comment