As many of you out there I have been following the story of this family. They used to do an interview every year. At the beginning and I remember them living in their first home and Jon working for United Airlines, that stuck with me because Dan used to work for United Airlines at the time and doing the same thing. I thought they were such a cool and brave family. When the actual show came out I did not watch it from the very beginning and then I realized how annoying that woman can be :) I used to think "poor guy" he always gets the short end of the stick. I am a woman and I know that I can be difficult. When things don't go my way I get very frustrated and you can easily tell just by looking at my face, I mean what woman does not get annoyed at their husband? But at the same time I love Dan and no matter what happens I want him to be happy with me and we try to make things work out. Like they say "It's not easy", but if you want to keep your family together you have to learn to compromise.
By no means do I intend to tell you that I have the most perfect marriage in the world, it actually scares me to think that Dan and I have been together this long and who knows what might happen next year, do I want to end up like Jon and Kate? Of course not, did they want to end up as a divorced couple? I am sure that was not in their plans.
They had their last episode on TV tonight and I wanted to see it, I knew they were going to interview them again and it was interesting to see his point of view, he said that he had twins by 23, had 6 more kids by 27 and basically his 20's were all gone pretty fast. I do feel like that some times but then I realize that it was my choice to do it that way, I wanted to get married and have kids, hello!!! That is what you do when you get married. I think it is selfish of him to say that when his marriage failed he felt like he was free, how easy that is and of course he is free now, he is not there all the time to take care of his kids, he can stay away and come see them every once in a while.
Sorry for the venting but this topic has been bothering me for a while now specially when you see it happening all around you, is it the new trend?
I just pray that we can be strong enough to endure and to remember what we promised to each other when we got sealed for time and all eternity. I think of the time when I was a teenager and how I used to think life was so hard and wanted to run away from everything but I did not do it because I did not want to be alone, same thing now, I could easily run away when things get tough, but I don't want to be alone and most importantly I don't want to be without Dan and without my kids, a life without seeing them is just full of sadness and would be incomplete.

2 comments:
I too followed the show. It was sad to see the end and sad to see how now he lives in NY and can come home when he "needs" to-what a cop out. Life isn't easy-but if we stick it out it is so worth it.
I have watched that show from the beginning. No one is innocent in this story, but you can tell that Jon is turning into a real dirt bag. He is "FREE" now. You still have kids and a responsibility to be there. I would never want to be free from my family and all that goes with it.
Post a Comment