Friday, November 6, 2009
Day of thanks # 6
I was just thinking how special it is to know that you can count on people for special situations. This week one of my Facebook friends had a story on her status about a little boy who is in the last stages of cancer and how his family is planning on celebrating Christmas on the 8th of November, the only thing he wanted was to get Christmas cards. So they were asking for people to send one to him in the mail. I jumped right on that idea and then passed along on my own wall on Facebook hoping that somebody else would do the same and form a chain. I am not the kind of people that likes to keep the chains going on, that is kind of annoying but this was a special situation, I got a couple of responses on it and that made me really happy. I hope that little boy gets tons and tons of cards and can feel the love that is coming from all the people that sent them. So today I am really thankful for everybody coming together and doing something nice for somebody that we don't know but we feel a connection with now, I know these cards and pictures that kids will be sending as simple as they are will make him the happiest year old out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment