Tuesday, November 3, 2009

30 Days of Thanks

My friend Tiffany has this thing going on her blog, she is writing one thing she is thankful for every day. I like it and decided to start doing it as well, so here we go.

Day one: I am thankful for my husband and the time that he spends with me even if it is just sitting together watching TV shows, I appreciate him not getting annoyed at me for having an accent and not pronouncing things right even after 11 years of speaking the language. I am thankful for all the hard work he is putting in his studying and for being there for me 100% this last couple of months when things did not look very bright for me.

Day two: I am thankful for having wonderful, beautiful, smart, kind, loving, imaginative, creative, crazy kids that love me no matter what. I am thankful for how well behaved they are at church and school and for the good example they give to their friends. I am grateful that all three teachers tell me what good kids I have and how great they do at school. I am grateful for the kindness that they show to each other every once in while. I am thankful for their sweet smiles I get every morning when they see me and their hugs and kisses that never stop. I am thankful for the fact that even when they are mad at me at night they still need me to tell them that I love them and hug them before they go to sleep, basically I am just thankful for being a mother.

Day three: I am thankful for the Internet and the phone because without these two things it would be very hard for me to keep in contact with family and friends from Guatemala and all over this country. I am thankful for my laptop and how easy it is to keep an eye on my kids and still pay the bills in my living room without having to go in the study and wonder if they are going to kill each other :)

1 comment:

KT and Lance said...

You are an amazing woman Hyde! You are one tuff cookie, and I'm in awe at the stuggles that you go through, and the strenghth you have!

Your talents are also amazing, the costumes are amazing! Your family looks great!

Powered By Blogger