Sunday, June 19, 2011
Day 19: Something you miss
Are you kidding me? I miss GUATEMALA. It is so weird to think that when I left my home it was all about how exciting my new life was going to be, how cool it was going to be on my own without my mom supervising every single aspect of my life... literally. I never thought that being away from home was going to make so sad and miss every single thin from back there. What I miss the most some days is the smells, for example when it rains you can smell the first few drops of rain touching the dirt and that smell is something you don't get to experience here, it is so different. I miss the smell of the food they cook at the market, it makes you so hungry that you can't help getting something to eat while shopping. I miss getting on the bus to go places or walking all over the place like the church of my friend's house. I miss hanging out with my cousins every once in a while and their families. I miss sitting on the roof petting Pooky (my dog) and making him fall asleep on my lap. I miss the church dances I used to go to, having so much with friends and dancing all night long. I miss going to the "Tiendita" (little store) right around the corner from house to buy my favorite chips and my Coke. I miss freshly baked bread so crunchy on the outside and so soft on the inside that almost melts in your mouth and getting tortillas from the ladies across the street. I miss the noisy firecrackers they blow up at 5 am to let you know it is some body's birthday and also the home made hot chocolate my mom used to make me for my birthday so I could eat it with sweet bread. Believe or not I miss taking a shower in my bathroom, sometimes there was no running water so we had to use a little bucket to pour water over us :) I miss my mom cooking, sure she cooks here but the ingredients are way better back home, everything is so fresh. I miss the "licuados" they are kind of like milk shakes but they are done with fresh fruit and so yummy. There are so many things that I miss and took for granted when I was there, it will never be same but I sure wish I could go back in time and enjoy it more the last few days I was there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DITTO!!!
Post a Comment