Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Day 16: Dream house
One thing that I will always remember from when I was a little girl was the dream house my dad wanted to build for us, it was a big two story house with a balcony that would wrap around the entire second floor, it had lots of windows and a nice big roof. If I could build this house it would be done somewhere where there are lots of trees to have a nice view from the windows. I would love stain glass windows and high ceilings with exposed beams. It would have a room for the girls and one for the boys and then a separate play room with a big TV so we can all watch movies and play games, nice comfy couches and a ping pong table (I love ping pong). The kitchen would be big and spacious with a nice big pantry (glass pocket door) and a butler's pantry too. I would love a breakfast room with a bay window and a separate formal dining room for guests and big family meals. The kitchen would also have a nice island and a place for my kiddos to sit around and do their homework while I am cleaning or cooking (yeah right). There would be a bathroom for my girls and a separate bathroom for my boys. A guest room with their own bathroom and of course out master bedroom that would probably take about half of the second floor with french doors that would take us to a nice little place of our own to have breakfast or just sit and read a book (Dan would be doing most of the reading). My ideal master bedroom would have a nice sitting area surrounded by bookshelves and pictures of the kids on the walls, the bathroom would have a nice garden bathtub (big enough for two), a separate shower and it MUST have two sinks so Dan can have his messy side and I can have my messy side too :) There would be a nice walk in closet (twice the size of the one we currently have and I consider that one pretty big already). Dan would have his own office decorated the way he wants it, he can finally display his sword collection and the kids would not be allowed to go in there for their own safety. My office would basically be a craft/sewing room for me. There has to be a sitting room to receive the VIP (visiting teachers and such). There would be a sun room to enjoy the summer time without melting and a pool in the back yard. We would have plenty of space to have a dog and for the kids to run around and play. On the outside I can picture a nice deck also wrapped around the entire house and having benches and rocking chairs to sit on, lots of flowers pots and the siding would be white with black shutters. Wooden floors through out the entire house and nice tile in the bathrooms. There would be an entry way big enough to have nice bench for the guests to sit and leave muddy shoes,we could have like a nice hidden closet there to leave the backpacks and coats. Dan has told me how he would love to have one of those nice drive ways that has a way in and out so it can be easy to get in and out and last but not least a big Magnolia tree in the front and a Willow tree in the back yard. Chances are we will never have it but that is my dream house, I can just picture it now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment