I know I am cheap and I won't deny it. It is kind of thrilling for me to see how much money I can save every week when I go shopping. Through all the years of shopping for my family I have come to discover that there are things that you can buy without having to spend the money for it. Having four kids and 2 adults in my house I have to figure out ways to stay within my budget and try to get the best deals, I do make 3 stops during the week and they don't take that long. Walmart of course is the one place where I buy my diapers and wipes, clothing and some times shoes for the kids, also the 3 pounds of chicken breasts and most of my vegetables and fruits. Krogers is where I buy my frozen vegetables, cereals, eggs and cheese. Dollar Tree is where I get some interesting deals and so I made a list of the things I get every other week (except for the toothbrushes).
Top ten buys from the dollar stores
Dollar Store / Krogers or Walmart
Frozen waffles $1.00 / $2.50
Garlic Bread $1.00 / $2.50
Frozen french fries $1.00 / $3.00
Sandwich bags $1.00 / $2.00
Hand soap (dial) $1.00/ $2.00
Toothpaste (Colgate) $1.00 / $3.00
Toothbrushes 4 x $1.00/ $2.50 (each) $10.00
Tomatoes 2 lbs. $1.00/ $3.00
Bell peppers (red or green) 4 $1.00/ $6.00 ($1.50 each some times $2.00)
Graham crackers $1.00/ $2.25
Total $10.00 / $36.25
We have a 99c. store in our area and they bring in all kinds of vegetables and fruit every week. I always go there before I go to Walmart, I love that I can buy my bell peppers there all 4 for a $1.00.
My best find this week was the Airwick scented oils the kind that you plug into the wall. The warmer was $1.00 and the refill was also a $1.00. I bought 5 warmers and 10 refills, all together $15.00 but a big savings of $24.25, I love it when my house smells nice, so this is a product I buy on a regular basis and I always pay full price.
There are many more things that I can list but probably too boring for you. I am not saying that all of you should go do what I do, but I like to share my experiences and in case you have a tight budget then you know where to go to save some money. This is what works for me and it makes me happy to tell Dan how much money I can save.

2 comments:
muy imprecionante!! gracias por los tips.
Love it! I need to go there more often~! WE have a 99c store that has food but I forget about it!
Post a Comment