I finally took Victor to the doctor to see why he wont stop coughing and basically just being sick all the time. He has been sick for like a month now, he got a high fever last week for two days, it got up to 102.9 and he was feeling really crappy. Turns out that he probably had the flu last week which makes sense. The thing that always scares me about Victor is his nose bleeds, he gets them every 3 to 4 months and it is crazy, he really bleeds a lot and for no reason. The doctor thinks that it is because he has allergies, and his nostrils are always so dry, so she gave him 2 prescriptions and now we spray his nose with Veramyst (expensive medicine $125.00) once a day, put some saline in there to keep his nostrils from getting dry and he is taking Loratadine too. I took all four kids to the hospital to get some lab work done, they needed to do a blood cell count and I had no other option than to bring them all with me. Yes it was crazy but who can blame the poor kids for sitting in such a small room for almost three hours. Poor Victor was poked twice on each arm and they were not able to get blood from him, finally a very nice nurse came and poked him a fifth time on the left arm and by this time Victor was in tears (who wouldn't be) and she was able to get all four vials of blood. They felt so bad for Victor he got a huge bag of candy afterwards. So now we just wait for the results and hopefully there is nothing wrong with him and the nosebleeds are just because of his allergies.
and got a lot of things that I needed, specially since I got them for $0.20 a piece. I bought two medium pots for flowers, 6 long rectangular planters, a bunch of little pots and then two weeks ago Dan got two huge pots for my tomato plants. This week I went to Walmart and bought my tomato plants and worked on my garden project all afternoon two days ago. I was thinking that since it was getting hot enough it would be a good idea to start working on it, but it got kind of cold today, hopefully the tomato plants wont die. There is a lot of rain and that is always a good thing. So here is what we planted with the kids: 2 Roma tomato plants, 1 upside down tomato plant, 1 cherry tomato plant, cilantro, parsley, a bunch of flowers, strawberries that grow hanging from a basket :) If the tomatoes do well, then I will get more planters for the rest of the summer. We always get very excited about our garden and this year it will be different since Texas has fire ants everywhere and I am not going to be planting directly on the ground were they might end up building their ant hills and then we wont be able to go pick the tomatoes because we are scared of them :)
Here is my creation, an upside down tomato plant. The 3 cherry tomato plants are on the top and three Roma tomato plants growing from the bottom.
The green bag with whole that is on the ground in one of the pictures is the strawberries, they are supposed to stay like that for two weeks and then we hang them up.

3 comments:
Poor kid, I couldn't handle being poked that much.
I'm so glad your gardening. I am trying to figure out how to do it this year.
That is so sad about your town house.
Poor victor. I hate it when my kids are sick. I am glad that after all of those painful pokes the found SOMETHING that was wrong. What a tough guy!
Poor victor. I hate it when my kids are sick. I am glad that after all of those painful pokes the found SOMETHING that was wrong. What a tough guy!
Post a Comment