Monday, March 16, 2009

Sad and happy :)

OK, so this might be a strange post... The reason for it is the show Ghost Whisperer. I love the show and the stories they have an how the main character (Melinda Gordon) is always helping all the spirits go to where they need to go but not before they take care of unfinished business on earth. I haven't had any problems watching the show but the last one that we saw for some reason made me so sad and I ended up thinking about my dad again. It is so weird how this happens to me every once in a while. Believe me I don't like being depressed and sad all the time, but some times I can't help but to think about how it would have been to have more time with him and to learn from him. Even after all this time it still hurts and moments like last night can make me get into a weird mood. Dan caught me crying after the show was all done and I felt pretty silly, but he is a really cool guy and he knows exactly what is going on with me, he tried to get the covers off me (because I was hiding) and then he hugged me, he doesn't need to say anything I know he understands.
In planning the lesson for Family Home Evening for tonight I was telling Victor the story about how my parents sold their fridge to get money to go get sealed in Arizona with my older brother and me, it makes me so happy to know that because of their big sacrifice we are an eternal family and will be together again, I am grateful to know that I will get to hug him again and talk to him and tell him all about my life and the things that I have accomplished, I am also grateful that Dan and I have our own little family and we also are an eternal family. My heart is so full of emotions today and I don't know if I'll be able to get through the lesson tonight, but I'll try anyways, for some reason I feel the need to teach this topic tonight and I better listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Lately in my life I have been feeling a lot of different emotions and I have been working on a lot of personal issues, I feel the need for more guidance in my life and have had a couple of experiences that show me how much my Heavenly Father is trying to communicate with me, it has been a wonderful feeling and I can't really explain it, but just know that I feel the love of my Heavenly Father in my life and the love of the ones close to me. I can't ask for anything else in my life that can make it better at this point in my life. The trials we go through help us get stronger and I know we need to deal with them in order to gain more knowledge and experience. I have said it before I am a simple woman that wants a simple life, don't ask for much just to be with my happy family and make the best of our situation. I have a wonderful husband (who can drive me crazy some times) and four beautiful, smart, kind and loving kids that mean more to me than anything else in my life.
My life has been an adventure so far, perhaps it might not seem that way to other people, but it has been to me. I love life, I love my family and friends and want to enjoy every moment I have with them.

6 comments:

Denise said...

I don't know what it feels like to lose a parent but I've lost people I've loved and there are times when thinking of them just overwhelms your emotions and being able to visit with them would be the greatest. I hope your lesson goes smoothly and the Spirit will help you be able to guide you in what you want to convey. Thanks Hyde for sharing your thoughts with us. Isn't it the greatest to know we WILL be with those who we have loved and lost again. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

You made me cry! I bet it will be a great Family night!

I had to catch up on all your blogs. You are amazing to get all the stuff done that you get done.

The Bingham's said...

Thanks for sharing that. It is such a good reminder to hear that life is good, even when it is hard. Eternal families are the greatest blessing on this earth, and I am most certainly glad I am apart of one. It is a peaceful feeling to know we WILL see them again and get that hug.

KT and Lance said...

Your so eloquent with how you say things! What a great memory, the one about your parents selling the refrigerator so you could go an dbe sealed in the temple! That's amazing!!

You are wonderful!

Emily said...

That was such a sweet post. It's interesting how it seems like such a big thing that they sold their fridge to be sealed. But your right, a fridge is nothing compared to the eternal blessings they will receive. Yet, I don't think a lot of people would have the faith to go with out a fridge.
What a great family you have!

Nathalie said...

Mi querida amiga, yo tambien veo ese programa y nunca me lo pierdo. Yo como tu perdi a mi padre no tan joven pero lo perdi hace 4 aƱos atras apesar que lo conoci hay muchas cosas que quisiera saver y aprender de el, que nunca pude. Mi aniversario de bodas es el miercoles y duele pues como te dije hace 4 mi padre le dio un derrame dias despues de mi aniversario asi que este mes me pone triste, escucho canciones que me recuerdan a el y me pregunto que fue de el habra visto la luz, yo se en mi corazon que si pero la tristesa sigue ahi.
Tu devocion y tu fe es la que te ayuda a salir a delante tienes una linda familia aunque solo los conosco por el blog se ven muy unidos. Y tu eres una gran mujer.
Sigue positiva pues tienes los mejores regalos del mundo, tu esposo, tus hijos pero sobre todo tienes a dios en ti.

Powered By Blogger