Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pictures of my Granpa and Grandma

Yesterday when I opened my Facebook account I found an invitation to join this new application or whatever it was, the name of it is Geni and as curious as I am I decided to go see it and to my great surprise I found a huge family tree for my entire Gonzalez Soler family (my father's side of the family). I was in tears when I dragged the mouse all over the page and the family tree would not stop, all my uncles, aunts, cousins and grandparents, and their grandparents. It was too much to take in and I have to admit that I was up until 2 in the morning looking at pictures of my family. The two pictures that I am so excited to have is the one of my grandpa and grandma. My grandma Carmen died way before my parents got married, so I didn't get a chance to meet her and the only picture I have of her is one where she was already in her old age. My Abuelito Papa Juan (that's is what we used to call my grandpa) was a very nice guy, I remember him a little, I was like 4 years old when he passed away. I think you can understand how excited I am about all this. There are some dates and information on my ancestors so that is great for our genealogy, which I know needs to get done at some point.


This is my beautiful
Abuelita Carmen, wasn't she gorgeous? What a classy lady, look at the hairdo, I don't have the info right now, but that seems to be a picture from like the 20's


My grandpa is the man sitting on the left, the little boy by him is his son Oscar (some of the Browns met him when he visited me in VA, he is still alive), the rest of the ladies are my
grandpa's sisters except for the one in the middle, that is his mother.

3 comments:

shaunandnina said...

Your Abualita is gorgeous!!!

The Bingham's said...

What an amazing find! That is truely awesome. I love your abualita's hairdo. Beautiful!

Tiffany W. said...

that is awesome! And your both of your grandparents were so good looking!

Powered By Blogger