Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Right or Wrong?

Today I woke up a tired but happy person, after going to my Facebook account I melted down after reading what I thought was a very mean and hurtful message from one of my brother's in Law.
Long story short and for the record I am not making this up. My brother in Law was married for 14 years and then he decided he wanted a divorce, needless to say we were all sad and tried to make him change his mind but it didn't work. They got divorced over a year ago and it still hurts to think about it. Since then, the family kind of got divided. I didn't take sides really but I chose not to talk to him anymore because he hurt a dear friend of min, (more like a sister to me). I am not going to go into details but it has been really hard, we used to have a fun family blog and after he tried to come back and post pictures of his wedding just a few weeks after the divorce, we were all offended and told him to give us some time to get over this.
Well, since then he contacted me to become his "friend" on Facebook and I ignored it, last night he sent a message asking me to be his friend again and said that he would understand if I didn't want to be his "friend", I rejected respectfully with a simple note that said "I am not ready yet :) " Yes the smiley face was there too. Then this morning I find this message and I was in tears after reading it.
I need to be clear on one thing, I really don't have anything to forgive him, I just can not handle the relationship right now and I think I have the right to stay away from him so I can avoid situations like this.

**********************************************************************************

“Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.

“I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.

Suit yourself. I have nothing to apologize to you for, yet your inability to forgive and the hardness of heart you and my own brother are exhibiting is mind boggling to me. I reached out to you when you were suicidal, yet you consistently turn me away when I try and to mend the rifts in this family. I'm tired of trying at this point. I don't know what else to do short of a blood atonement to try and satisfy whatever demands of justice you require. Next time you're in the temple, think long and hard about your hypocrisy. You can turn this around on me and point out my own admitted hypocrisy and faults if you want, but the mirror is never far from you. I'm sorry you "are not ready yet", but I get the feeling you never will be.
***********************************************************************************
Today at 8:20am
I was not going to write anything to you, silly me trying to be polite and write a tiny note to you. You have nothing to apologize to me for, you are right and I am not expecting you to do that, you did not hurt me or Dan directly. What Dan decides to do is his own thing and I have nothing to do in the matter. My choice is my own and you can not change my mind just like we could not change yours. I still feel pain for your situation, your kid's situation and Laurel's, I wish things could be better, that it would be so easy for me to talk to you again, but I am honestly not ready. I have tried believe it or not, but I just can't bring myself to look at you with your new wife even in pictures. I am not being mean, I am not doing this to hurt you, if I am hurting you I apologize for it, really. I love it when people who feel bad about themselves use the scriptures and I know that I could also quote lots of scriptures for you but it is not in me to try to make you feel like crap like you just did with me. Why couldn't you just let it go, wait for ME to reach out? When are you going to get it through your head that in my case you can not force me to go back to having a relationship if I am not ready?
About the help you gave me, I am grateful to you, I am grateful for the time you took to talk to me and listen to my stupid situation, grateful for coming into my home and try to fix things with Dan, if I reached out to you was because I trusted you, I loved you as a brother and knew that you were the only one who would understand me, it seems I was mistaken since you are throwing that back at me, thanks :)
I haven't been to the Temple for a long time, I have talked to my bishop about how I feel about this whole situation and I do not feel worthy of going to the Temple for that reason, PLEASE do not get me wrong if you think I am a accusing you of not going to the Temple because that is not the case, I am jut letting you know about my "hypocrisy" issues as you pointed out. Why most you be so hurtful towards me, here I was having a good day just to find your hurtful words and in your case I am sure you are probably happy to know were very effective and did hurt me and now I find myself in tears.
I am not going to blame you for anything, I am not going to list all the mean and hurtful things that you are probably expecting me to write, it is not in my nature to be mean.
I am far from perfect, I don't claim to be perfect, I have simply been avoiding this kind of situation because it creates more friction between us and I think more time is needed to heal what ever relationship is left. You are so wrong about me Warren, you really don't know me and my heart and my thoughts. I wasn't feeling mad towards you anymore, I was in the process of moving on with the whole thing, I was trying to forget, the forgiveness part like I said is not up to me because I have nothing to forgive. Please do not write back since I know YOU will be trying to hurt me purposely like you just did.

11 comments:

The Bingham's said...

I find it ironic that he even stated in his first email that he would understand if you didn't want to accept his friend request and then throws it back in your face with scripture. He is obviously the one with the problems that need to be worked out, not you. You have every right to do what you did. He needs to understand that.

Anna Linnea said...

Wow. So sad. HOpefully he will get over his issues and with time everyone will get over things. That is to bad that he is making everything so complicated and hard, and prolonging the forgiveness period. I totally understand your point of view, sorry he said such mean things and hurt your feelings. Don't listen to him, I think your wonderful!

Tiffany W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany W. said...

That is so sad Hyde! I am so sorry. :( I wish I would have known...I am not sure there is much I could have done, but maybe I could have brought you some lunch, or taken your kids for you, or just graced you with my charming personality... (ha!) But seriously...don't be so hard on yourself. Obviously I don't really know the situation at all, but I wouldn't let him keep you from going to the temple. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hyde! I am sorry! You are such a great person and you did not deserve to be treated like that. You are the farthest thing from a hypocrite of any person I know! I can't believe all that came from not wanting to be his friend.

If it helps, I feel the same way about seeing them together. It is still uncomfortable and I removed them from my facebook friends. Russell told me I should, so I finally did. I don't know if it will ever be the same in the family and that is really sad for all of us, especially the cousins!
Hugs!

Chulitamaya said...

Thanks everybody, I am OK now, my family is great and so are my friends, to be able to find the comfort that I need even through the internet makes me feel better and makes me feel that maybe I am not so mean or evil. After dinner at the Waffle House and some good TV show I feel so much better :)

Lis Cook said...

What a really sad situation.
:bighug:

Kawa Rangers said...

I can't even find words to express how I feel about this. That was so rude and hurtful of him to say those things to you. You are such a good person and have a way with lifting up the people around you, and it makes me sad that someone was so rude and thoughtless to you. Hang in there!

Nathalie said...

Don't feel bad, you are much better than he could ever be. You are honest and true person, so his comments just ignore.

Emily said...

You know sometimes things just have to get worse before they can get better.
I hope that is the case with you, him and your relationship with each other.

Anna said...

I am just sorry that you have to go through this. There have and still are some family situations of mine that sometimes it is better to seperate yourself from people that are going to cause pain. You get to a point where you just cant deal with the stress and hurt that this person causes you and your family. You do what you think is right. I am sorry that this is something that you have to deal with. Hang in there!!!

Powered By Blogger