Last week on Friday I had to deliver a cake for a lady I am teaching cake decorating classes and when she was on her way here we had a hail storm, it was crazy, they were the biggest pieces of hail I had ever seen, they were so loud when they fell on top the roof and the cars, they also hurt when they fell on my foot and head. We took tons of pictures and Shayna saved a few of them to show Dan later when he got home.
My mom came last Saturday and I didn't get to post about it, the kids were very anxious to see her again and so were we. Shayna made a welcome sign for her and the kids were waiting for her for a long time at the doors. She finally came out and we gave her big hugs and kisses. We took her out for dinner because she was very hungry. Denny's is the Brown tradition for all kind of celebrations around here, at least this Brown family :)
We have been enjoying her very much and are glad she gets to spend time with us. My brother Nefi and his family is flying out here in June to spend time with her too and she is really looking forward to that, we all are.
The thing that I think is the coolest is that my kids are so use to her, even when she goes away for a few months, Aaron really remembered her this time and they were very attached to each other during the first days, it is wearing out now, but it is really cute to see him so happy and to see how much he loves her.
We have been going out almost everyday and find something to do, we cook together, talk, watch TV shows in Spanish and did I mention that we talk for hours? Yeah, it is fun.
Something else I am excited about is my greatest purchase from yesterday, I went to Kohl's with my mom on Monday and found two pairs of shoes for Shayna and 1 pair for me that were on clearance, I had a coupon that I thought I could use, but I forgot to check on the date and we needed to wait until the 1st of April. So we put them on hold since I knew they were not going to last if I waited until Wednesday. So yesterday we went to pick them up and I got my 30% off on top of the clearance price. My total purchase was $12.95 for 3 pairs of shoes. Isn't that great? They were originally $35.00 each, so that made my day. I have to agree with Michelle about Kohl's being a great store, their customer service is great and you can find great deals. I only go when I get the 30% coupons, that is my rule.
Here is a picture of the shoes. And yes, this is the reason why I love saving money on my groceries, so that I can afford nice shoes for cheap :)

5 comments:
LOVE your cake! Will you come and visit Colorado for each one of my childrens b-days :) ? Love the shoes too... I bought the same brown shoes at Kohls. Got to love that store.
WOW!! the balls of hail looked like they were ice cubes from the freezer.
I love Khols, that is way I have to pay my bills every month, no bad prices :)
Oh my goodness! That cake is amazing! Way to go!
I LOVE Kohls! You can't find three pairs of shoes for $13 even if you went to the DI and then they wouldn't be new or nearly as cute. Great find!
And that is such a cute cake! You are so talented.
Holy ICE CUBES! I can't believe you had hail that size!
Those shoes were SO cute! All of them. Next time you find a deal like that...you have to call me and let me know so I can run over there too! ;)
And as always...your cakes rock the house! :) Seriously. You're very talented.
Post a Comment