I was lucky enough to come to this country and soon discover the wonderful Malls that they have here (we also have cool malls back at home but I could not afford anything there), I have also discovered that not all malls are exciting and cool. Back in VA my most favorite place to go shopping was Potomac Mills, it was huge and very entertaining. It was an outlet mall so the prices sometimes were ridiculous (I mean that in a good way), especially when they had the end of season sales. When we were in Utah we were never able to find a mall as cool as that one which made us very frustrated.
Here in Houston they have the Galleria, which is different and cool but way too expensive for my taste. So one day I get a call from my cousin's husband from back home and he is pilot so he is constantly flying all over the place and has been to Houston many times, he was in Dallas this time and wanted to say hi so he started telling me about a mall that he has been to and it sounded interesting. It is located in Katy which is like an hour away from here and so Dan and I decided we were going to give it a try last weekend and we did. It was just as cool as Potomac Mills but the one thing that was frustrating was the food, too expensive, not very many options and it was not that great... then we understood why everybody was in line at Burger King :)
We walked the mall for like 4 hours and it was very fun. I don't know if it was me or what but the Burlington Coat Factory they have there seems to be the biggest one I have ever seen. The kids were great, I went to my favorite stores and found a couple of good deals for Shayna and Dan, he got some books and I even wanted to buy some baby clothes because they were sooo cute and cheap (6 onesies for $12 is a bargain). Shayna even

No comments:
Post a Comment