Saturday, April 25, 2009

Battle Ship Texas




After having an awesome time at yard sales today, we drove down to San Jacinto and finally got to see the Battle Ship Texas. That has been something we have been wanting to do for a long time. They were going to have some reenactment about the battle of San Jacinto, but we had so much rain last night that it flooded and they canceled that. So we ended up just going to see the ship. The kids were so excited when they saw it and could wait to get on it. I told Dan to go with the kids and I sat with my mom on a bench resting after a long walk (there was no parking so we ended up wlaking for like a mile or so and I had flip flops on). Dan and the kids had lots of fun and he took a lot of pictures of the kids. It started raining so we had to leave and walk all the way back to the car. We defininitely have to go back there and see the rest next year. I learned today that I shouldn't wear my flip flops everywere since the stupid fire ants can get on you so fast and they sure STING!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's fun to read about all the places you guys go. Im glad your getting to know your town and all it has to offer!
Sorry about getting locked out of the house. I do it to myself more often then I should admit.

Emily said...

oops it's me Emily

KT and Lance said...

How fun!

Powered By Blogger