Monday, April 20, 2009

My thoughts tonight.

I know it is one of those days when I just decide to sit down and write what I am thinking about. It's nothing bad, things are good and I am feeling very positive and happy. It must be a mixture of having my mom here and finally feeling like I am getting to know more people around here.
I still feel a little weird in the ward and don't know all the people there but it makes a HUGE difference to have a couple of people to talk to when I go to church activities.
They probably have no clue of how happy I feel because of them (my new friends Lucrecia and Tiffany) and how much they make me want to go and do stuff with them. It has been great really and I just wanted to write a positive note since I was ranting about lots of horrible feelings a couple of months ago. The greatest thing is having friends for my little guys, specially for Victor since he has a hard time playing with other boys and my Tiffany has a boy his age, he is so nice to Victor and he always seem to be genuinely interested in playing with him. I love it.

I also wanted to tell everyone what a great job Dan is doing with school, he is such a funny guy, he always thinks that he wont do well and then when he shows me his grades it's a different story, so far he has been getting 100%. He is starting to feel a little nervous again since he will be getting two classes at the same time next week. He will be going to the campus and we wont see him for a good 6 hours or so. So I will have to entertain my kids and my mom for half of the day and our fun adventures have probably come to a stop now since it is kind of hard to make your husband go and do stuff after a long day at school, but we knew what were signing up for, so it is all good.
Once again I got a little carried away and woke up feeling like I had to clean clean and clean. It wasn't that much I guess but, when you do a bunch of little things it adds up. I started with mopping the floor this morning, since my little rugs in the kitchen got all sticky underneath and realized that I need to get new ones, it was kind of gross (I do sweep the floors every day). I cleaned out my fridge since there were a couple of things that needed to be gone a couple of weeks ago? I hate it when that happens, it is just SICK!!! After that I did some dishes and started to make salsa (which by the way I will be posting the recipe soon). I had started to do some laundry and it was almost time to take Tristan to school so I took a shower and off we went. I went to a couple of stores and then headed home to have lunch with my mom and continued with laundry (the never ending story).
It was nice and warm outside so the kids begged me to set up the pool and I agreed (big mistake), 5 minutes later the sun goes away and I have 4 crazy kids freezing in the pool, they had a good time anyways. The poor little ones had their lips blue afterwards but they were still happy to have the pool out. I did pita pizzas for everyone for dinner and they were really yummy. After dinner we had FHE and then played the wii and sent kids to bed. I was multitasking tonight, doing laundry, watching Chuck and doing some flowers for my cake class that I have to teach tomorrow and now here I am waiting for my last load of laundry to come out of the dryer and enjoying the peace and quiet.
I know that I complain a lot, I know that I can be a drama queen but some times I just sit here and think that maybe just maybe I am doing a good job as wife, mom and daughter (I don't know about being a good sister :), is days like this one that makes me feel like I am not so lazy, but don't ask me tomorrow because I'll probably just take a nap in the morning after I drop the kids off at school, hey I deserve it.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Of course you deserve it! I am glad that you are making friends. It always helps when you have someone to sit by at church.

Tiffany W. said...

I am very far from knowing everyone in the ward too! And I have loved getting to know you... your friendship has meant a ton to me! Lets get together again with the kids soon. :)

Powered By Blogger