My problems started when the kids decided they needed to go potty ( can't blame them, the water was too cold), but then my crazy child Shayna, the one that stuck a paint brush in her ear 6 years ago, the one that broke the desk for standing on it, the one that always manages to do something super crazy.... goes in and then runs back out with the phone ringing in her hands, it was my sister in law Tashia (don't feel bad it was not your fault). I talked on the phone but noticed that Shayna has this worried look in her face and after I am done she tells me that she can't open the door. I knew it right then that she had locked it before she went outside, don't ask me why she did it because I still have no clue, there is no explanation for these things that she does, she just does it to find out what will happen I guess and then she gets in trouble.
So I try picking the lock (I hope that is how you spell that), nothing... I try calling my sister in law Amber (because we gave them a copy of the house key) and nothing... I try again and she answers the phone, lucky me she is in the middle of a piano lesson so I just told her we had an emergency and if she could help us out that would be great, we were not going anywhere. Steven calls me later (Amber's husband) and tells me he does not have the key and he is about to drive by our neighborhood and offers to go back home and get the key and come back to help but there was no point since Dan was going to get home around the same time. So thanks, but no thanks, maybe next time it happens :)
So I am sitting in the backyard in my swimming suit, 4 kids that constantly need to go potty (Victor went like 6 times) and I also need to go potty. I had meat defrosting for dinner so obviously I wont be able to finish dinner on time, I have no diapers for Aaron who is luckily wearing his clothes now with no diaper, so he goes in his shorts like three times. The boys had a blue bucket in the corner of the yard that they were using as a potty. Shayna is banned from my sight because I just want to kill her (not really).
Finally Dan opens the door and we all go inside and he was nice enough to get some food for everybody since we were all very hungry.
What did I learn from this experience? I have to carry the keys with me at all times, I have to make 2 extra copies to give to Steven, so he can keep one in his key chain and the other one in his car, I will need to leave one window open in case this happen to me again.
I know is not a big deal, but it was frustrating and it put me in a bad mood. I had a cool activity to go to tonight and I went because I had already agreed to go with a friend, but now I am thinking that it would have been better to stay home and spend time with Dan. By the time I got back Dan was too tired to finish watching our shows and he went to bed to read a book and I am in a worst mood than before and with a headache. So here is my angry post for the month and I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.
Here is a couple of pictures of the kids playing in the pool yesterday, Aaron loves the water and he jumps really high up in the air and then falls in the water and splashes everyone. He also does this jump thing in the living room and it looks painful when he does it on the carpet, but he loves it.

4 comments:
Sorry about the bad day... but we all have them. I thought something was up at the activity. You just seemed very quiet and then I was surprised when you left early. I hope tomorrow is better! Maybe we could go walking together?
we've been locked out so many times! It is so frustrating! One time, Easton locked he and I out, and Eli was 2 months old locked on the inside! I hear ya on how frustrating that is!!!! Hope today was a better day!
That day does not sound awesome. Theres always tomorrow....
I hate getting locked out! That is the most helpless feeling. At least the kids had something to do while you were waiting.
Post a Comment