Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine's Day

Valentine's day started for me last night with Dan bringing goodies for everybody and roses for me (they are pink because I hate red roses, but that is another story), the cake was also part of the celebration... this morning I woke up late which I was planning on doing anyways and the house was so quiet... it was lovely :)
I took my sewing table apart and took it back to the store (long story too) and then went shopping for a couple of things but also Sunday clothes for the kids, socks and shoes that were very much needed and they all look so cute with their outfits. Then we went out for lunch to a Chinese place close by and we had fun eating lots of yummy food. Everything was just fine until... somebody got the best of me. We were coming out of the restaurant and I was trying to get a hold of Tristan who always runs out in the parking lot when I hear somebody honking and then I see this huge pick up truck making signs at me, I approached the lady to check and see if my kids were the reason for all the noise and yes it was. Dan was looking at me like "what is going on?" As a mom you can understand what having four kids means and how crazy it can get, especially when you are out. I only have two arms and can't keep track of all of them and I know that they are my responsibility but when you are behind the wheel you also need to watch out for little people. I told the lady to just be careful with the little ones and she rolled her window down and just started yelling at me telling me to be a better mom and to keep track of them and who knows what else, she made me SOOOOOO MAD. Here is where it gets ugly, I also started talking to her or should I say yelling at her, basically told her that I try to do my best but they are kids and it is hard and also that she should be careful because if she kills somebody with her car she could go to jail (I know, it was crazy), she told me I could go to jail to for not being a good mother and keep track of my kids, I could not take it anymore and called her "stupid lady" (I feel so bad now), she then called me a b%&$*!!! and she kept saying stuff, I told her to remember what it was like to have kids and some other stuff, it was horrible. I was shaking and almost cried she left in a hurry and then I talked to my kids and reminded them about the rules we have when we go out. When I got in the car I broke down and felt ashamed and embarrassed and felt bad for Dan who probably was embarrassed to be around me at the moment. Dan said that I over reacted and it was probably because I had so much anger in me with all the stuff that has happened to me lately, and he is probably right. There is no excuse for my behavior I know that, but all I have to say is that she was a bitter old woman who was probably mad for eating all by herself on Valentine's Day. I don't usually get this mad, I was a mess when I got home and had to cry for a little while until I calmed down, my heart was pounding and I was hurting but I am OK now.
Besides the little incident I had a fun Valentine's day and now I am ready to watch a movie or something.







Here are the kids in front of the restaurant and showing off their new clothes.

1 comment:

Kawa Rangers said...

You haven't had the best luck with nice people lately. I am so sorry. It's so frustrating when you are doing your best and someone gets after you like that. They have no right. You are such a nice person and don't deserve to be talked to that way.

Powered By Blogger