Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Meant to be together.

So just before Valentine's day I was at the store one night and waiting in line to check out when I noticed a package candy bars. The interesting thing about this package is that it contained Dan's favorite candy bar and my favorite one. I just could not help but to smile and to think of it as a sign, yes even after all these years I still find signs that Dan and I are meant to be together. It is silly, but to me it means something special. So I bought the bag and came home all happy about it and Dan also thought it was kind of cool to see the two kinds of candy bars in the same bag, we have been eating a little bit every night ever since. He is a Reeses's kind of guy and I am a Kit Kat kind of gal.



About what happened on Saturday, I just can't help but feel bad about the whole thing, I could not sleep last night and got up to read the scriptures and tried to find some kind of comfort in them. I know that I acted wrong that day and things could have been said and done differently. I mainly feel so bad because I gave my kids a really bad example, as a Mom I am supposed to teach them and guide them in the right path and picking a fight with that lady was certainly not the right path. At family home evening I gave an official apology to all the members of the family and explained to them that what their mom did was not OK, it doesn't matter how mad you are, how frustrated you get... you need to turn the other chick. I can't get this guilty feeling to go away and I know that I can't find that lady and tell her that I am sorry, in the end it is kind of sad that you have to spend Valentine's day all by yourself, maybe she was having a really bad day and I just made it worse. In any case there was no excuse for my behavior and I did not feel proud of myself for what I did.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is so sweet!! Both of those in one bag sounds perfect!
I hate when situations happen like that too. I either yell back and feel bad for loosing control or take it and don't yell back and feel like I should have stood up for myself better. What is the best way to handle it? I dont know.

Powered By Blogger