I always get excited about these things because I love learning about other people so if you want to join me on this challenge it would be great. On the first day you are supposed to introduce yourself and write 15 interesting facts about you. Here it goes. (Also you are supposed to have a recent picture of yourself).
I was born in Guatemala City Guatemala, I am 34 years old and have 5 children. We have been married with my husband Dan for almost 13 years and love every minute of it. We live in Houston TX and have been here for almost 3 years.
15 interesting facts about me:
1. My parents only have 3 kids and I am the only girl.
2. I went to Scouts for a few years when I was a little girl and loved it.
3. I love doing boy stuff (nailing, painting, sanding, building)
4. My love for sewing started when I bought my first sewing machine at age 19 without having a clue how to make the machine work.
5. In my last year at school I was exonerated from taking the final exams and on my report I got 100 for each of my subjects.
6. In my home country I am an accountant but my title does not count here :(
7. I self taught myself how to sew dresses for my first daughter Shayna and have not been able to stop sewing for her.
8. I left everything behind (family, friends, job, pet, worldly possessions which were not that many) to come to the USA and get married to Dan. At the time I was not sad to leave, actually I was not even scared.
9. I always wanted to serve a mission for my church but didn't. I am glad I was able to serve a couple of mini-missions back home, even if it was just for 3 days.
10. I did not know any English until I started 7th grade at a Bilingual school back home and they even taught me some French. I never thought that I was actually going to have the need to speak English.
11. I did not speak English to Dan until after we were married for 4 years. I still feel awkward
doing that.
12. I have only had 3 dreams with my Dad my whole life... I want more but they just wont come.
13. Dan and I met while he was on his mission and I knew I wanted to marry him before he propose.
14. I have been decorating cakes since I was 12 years old and I hated it back then, now I love it.
15. I started driving when I was 25 years old and when I got my license a bunch of strangers started to clap and root for me at DMV, it felt good.

No comments:
Post a Comment