Friday, May 6, 2011

This week's savings

On my trip to Walgreens these were the best deals:
On my first transaction I bought everything you see in the picture except for the Glade kit, the Proglide razor (which works great by the way) and the Lysol spray.
I should had paid over $60.00 But instead I paid $20.47 and on top of that they gave me $10.00 to apply to my next order.
On my next order I bought the items mentioned above and I used my $10.00 (store rewards from previous purchase), $14.00 worth of coupons and in the end I payed $10.23, not bad right?  On top of that they gave me $9.00 for buying these items and I can apply it to anything on my next order.  I was supposed to get some other $4.00 for buying the Cottonelle toilet paper but since I was already using one of those coupons from a previous purchase the register does not print it out again... lesson learned, next time I have to figure out how to use those coupons on different items so I can get all the money back that I can.
I love Walgreens for that reason because if you play your cards right you can get lots of money back.
At CVS (did not take a picture) I got liquid dish soap for $0.39 after using a coupon and two Colgate toothpaste for $5.00 both of them and they gave me $5.00 back to use on the next purchase. On the second transaction  I bought a special they had when you buy $20.00 worth of Digiorno pizza, Skinny cow ice cream or some other freezer meals you get $5.00 back and I had $3.00 worth of coupons to go with  that promotion, so after applying all the coupons I paid $16.00 and got $5.00 back.


At Target they had another freezer meal deal, when you buy 10 items you get $5.00.  I payed $12.00 or so and also got a loaf of bread for free.  I still need to go again because it is really a good deal and the meals are great for my lunches when I don't feel like cooking just for me. Plus I will get another $5.00 gift card and that will make it 3 total ($15.00) and that way I can go buy my two boxes of diapers, they have a special when you buy 2 of the big boxes of Huggies they give you another $5.00 gift card and since I have 2 coupons and the 3 gift cards I will only pay $20.00 for 200 diapers and that my friends is very good indeed... and the extra gift card as well.

At Walmart today I got the items below for $12.82  I had coupons for the toilet paper and the Air Wick only.  The Air Wick is usually $10.00 but was on sale for $7.00... of course it did not ring up at that price but after telling the cashier that the price was on the shelf and I triple checked it, she did not feel like holding up the line and gave it to me.  Next time I will take a picture with my phone to prove it :)  Anyways I had a $4.00 off coupon and the cookie cutters were on clearance for $2.50.  It was a really good deal, specially when I do my numbers and know that I could have paid a little over $30.00, that really is over %50 of savings.

Like I said before I am not extreme and don't want to be but so far I am enjoying my savings.  Just for the record I am just buying the items that we use and if I really think that it is a good deal like the Air Wick then I will buy it, I mean those things are ridiculously expensive but they do work and I like it when they deodorize my bathrooms.

PS. I did buy groceries at the local grocery store (Kroger) and I saved there $30.00 this week and they also payed me $6.00 for my next purchase by simply buying my regular items and on top of that we get $0.10 off when we get gas there.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I'm jealous...I bought that exact set of cookie cutters from walmart a little over a month ago, and I paid $10 for it!!!

Powered By Blogger