Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dry Pack Specialist.

Yup that's my new calling in the church.  I am up for the challenge but feel very insecure about the whole thing because I am no expert and have no clue what I am going to do with this calling.  I was set apart last Sunday and I have to admit that some ideas started to come to my mind about how to help the sisters and myself get our 72 hour kit ready, how to start our 3 month supply and eventually our 1 year supply.
What I find interesting is that just recently I started to use coupons again and a light bulb kind of went on in my head and finally understand how to shop with them to where I can literally save over 50% on my everyday shopping.  You know me I am the dollar store queen and very proud of it, frugal to the core.  Interesting enough lately I have not been to my regular dollar stores since I have been getting my products at Walgreens, CVS and Target (of all places Target has the cheapest milk out there).  I am getting lots of cereal for cheap, free pasta and other food items that can be used for food storage, water and hygiene items as well.  I think that Heavenly Father was in a way preparing me for this calling so I can help the sisters figure out ways to get ready without spending too much money.
For starters I created a group on Facebook to inform the sisters of good deals at the grocery store and how to get them.  Eventually I want to use that group to give them tips on how to make good use of the space to store the food and things like that.  So far I have had good feedback.  I can only reach so many of them since not all of them are on Facebook but it helps a little.  I have to take advantage of it.
I know that as the specialist I will have to speak in front of the sisters every once in a while and that makes me nervous... that will be a challenge.  All in all I am very excited and willing to learn and take any advice anybody has for me.  Plus it is going to push me to get my food supply to where it needs to be.

I just have to brag about this big shopping trip to Walgreens the other day.  I paid only $10.00 for all of the products you see in the picture.  Brand name stuff!  Just for the records I did not empty the shelves and there were plenty of product left at the store after my trip.  I did have to play around and do 3 different transactions so I could use my register rewards, but it worked out great.  They also have me a $1.50 coupon to spend later on and a free movie rental at the Red Box.  Cool right?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger