Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lazy Saturday? I think not.


So the car window on the driver's side broke and we couldn't fix it ourselves and we had to wait for 3 days to take it to the shop. Dan went really early to the car repair place and they will fix it for us ($$$$$ Yeah!!!). In the meanwhile they let us rent a car for $9.00 a day and were able to go out to the Mall and let the kids play for a while. We had lunch and then went to a couple of stores to get supplies to make my new creation. I made a Diaper Cake for a neighbor that just had a baby girl. I have seen them before at a consignment store and I know they sell them for a ridiculous price, you can never go wrong with diapers for a newborn, but I think it is kind of lame to just put them in a bag. So this idea is very clever and whoever came up with it is really smart. I was able to use a package of 50 diapers (Luvs, my favorite brand) and got a couple of baby items to decorate it with. I used some left over lace and put a bow on the top. I think it looks cute but it is definitely not perfect, there are a couple of things that I can make better next time. It took only 30 minutes to put it all together so I ended up cleaning the kitchen, then got so carried away while Dan was watching the kids play outside that I even vacuumed, and on a Saturday, can you believe it? Saturdays for me are sacred, I don't like doing anything other than relaxing and spending time with my lovely husband and kids, but it felt really good to clean up, oh yeah, did I mention that Aaron threw up in the middle of the night? Yes he did, and didn't even cry, he just kept sleeping on top of it and when I got him out he was very stinky and the blankets were all dirty. So I also did laundry at 7 am. I have gotten a lot of things accomplished and it's only 3 O'clock in the afternoon. Now I don't know what to do with myself. I guess it is time to relax. Sometimes I love being a house wife.

5 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Way to go on the cake. It turned out so cute!

Emily said...

It looks so good, I could almost eat it!

Nefi Gonzalez said...

Puchica vos, que chilero te quedo!

KT and Lance said...

I love the diaper cake idea, I just recently saw that idea, but never dared attempt it! Way to go! I like the idea of "no work strike" for saturdays, I may have to adopt that rule!

Michelle said...

I can't believe you can talk about your child throwing up and loving being a housewife in the same sentence! You really are a great mom and housewife.

Powered By Blogger