Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Family Home Evening.



I know that I have been posting a lot lately but it is because this things need to be written down for my kids to read in the future and see how they made me feel. It is really weird how you can go from feeling frustrated to being so full of joy and amazement for your kids. The toy thing did happen and I feel great about it, there were tears and some mad feelings towards me but I know this will help. So Shayna had told us on Sunday night that she was going to be in charge of FHE for the next three weeks because she had them all prepared. We try to be really good about it every week but when Dan gets home late it's kind of hard and I guess Shayna really enjoys having them every week. She spent a good 3 hours putting the whole thing together and she had scriptures, activities, everything planned out and also translated a little bit for my Mom. The lesson was about service and she did great, she had us do a puzzle and write down how we can serve each other. I took a picture of the puzzle and also a picture of how Tristan gives service to Aaron (by wiping his little behind). The thing is that I always feel like we are not teaching them the right way but by seeing my 8 year old trying so hard to teach us a lesson and to know that she already has a testimony of the things that we have been teaching her, it makes me feel like we are doing something right. I can't really explain how I feel but I know that somehow they are getting it and they will be Ok, they are good kids I know that, they do try me everyday but they are good kids and I am grateful to be their mother and can't imagine my life without them. I hope that they realize how much they mean to me, I tell them everyday and make sure that they her the words "I love you" even when we are mad at them.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, 3 hours on a lesson...that is amazing! I'm glad you tell your kids you love them so often. Saying and showing love seems to help them grow more then most anything else.

Kawa Rangers said...

Looks like you are raising wonderful children. Way to go!

The Bingham's said...

Oh your are for sure doing something wonderful with your kids. I have seen it in action!! It is the parents that aren't concerned that have the problem kids. Good for you, keep up the good work.

Anna Linnea said...

Looks like you guys had a fun FHE. That is awsome that your kids get so involved. I laughed today when I saw that you found my other blog! I haven't given out the address to anyone yet, just because I was still working on it, but I am glad you found it! I am actually changing the address to linneaericksonphotography.blogspot.com though. Hopefully someday I can actually make it into some kind of job for myself!

Powered By Blogger