As a special present for Shayna I told her that I would try to make a mural in her room, I didn't want anything big just something pretty for her room to make it look more girly. Since the room is not that big I don't want to paint the walls, but I think that having this new mural (I guess it's not really a mural since it's so small) makes the room look so much better. I took advantage of Aaron's afternoon nap and it took me almost 3 hours to get it done. It was so cool to mix the colors to find the right shades for the color of the skin, dress and wings. As always I am not 100% happy with the result but Shayna loves it. I am including a picture of the colors all mixed up, Shayna thinks it's really cool and she also thinks I am a great artist (in my dreams).
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tinker Bell Mural for Shayna
As a special present for Shayna I told her that I would try to make a mural in her room, I didn't want anything big just something pretty for her room to make it look more girly. Since the room is not that big I don't want to paint the walls, but I think that having this new mural (I guess it's not really a mural since it's so small) makes the room look so much better. I took advantage of Aaron's afternoon nap and it took me almost 3 hours to get it done. It was so cool to mix the colors to find the right shades for the color of the skin, dress and wings. As always I am not 100% happy with the result but Shayna loves it. I am including a picture of the colors all mixed up, Shayna thinks it's really cool and she also thinks I am a great artist (in my dreams).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am blown away! Did you seriously just paint that by hand, or did you have some sort of stencil? It looks great!
That is awesome Hyde! I wish I was half as talented as you!
Way to go. I think you are an awesome artist-it looks great. My kids would love something like that in their rooms. So fun.
That is incredible! You are such a cool Mom!
Shayna has some Tinker Bell stickers and that is were the picture came from, I could never come up with that all by myself, I can copy small pictures and make them bigger, that is something I have always been able to do. I drew it on paper first and then traced it on the wall.
I feel like it's been forever scince I've been in touch with you!
I love the Mural, I couldn't do that if I tried!! That's amazing!
I love the picture of Tristan in the post below with his blanket, I love Charlie Brown, and that picture is perfect for Tristan!
Post a Comment