I could have an easy and not busy life if I wanted to, but I guess that would be boring. I have been very busy working on some projects since last year. I told myself that I was going to get my house organized and I will. It is taking some time but it will happen. Today we got rid of our extra living room set (the green sofa and love seat we had upstairs back in Layton). We offered them for free but nobody showed any interest in it. We were trying to sell them for months now and finally somebody came to pick them up. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now I can try to figure out what I want to get for the foyer, which is huge. It feels like a wasted space right now with nothing there. I would love to get one of those benches that open up so we can store backpacks in it, and also hang the coats on it, they are really cool and expensive but I have my eye on one that I saw at Big Lots that is cheaper. I have been trying to organize my pantry as well, which is turning out surprisingly well (pictures will come soon). I made a special request and I got a cool sewing table for Christmas. It makes cutting and sewing so much fun. I worked on my first project right after putting it together, a cute backpack for me. I feel very proud of myself because it doesn't look homemade (at least that is what I think). We have been enjoying our Christmas presents a lot. We are polishing rocks with Shayna, we've recycled some paper, and have put puzzles together. We have also enjoyed the outdoors when the weather is nice. We had a picnic to have some fun when the kids were on their winter break. I also made a kite for the kids just like the ones I used to make as a kid. I am very proud of that because it actually worked. It could have gone very high but we ran out of thread.
Cleaning: I hate it, but it has to get done, I absolutely hate cleaning bathrooms and I love my bathroom but don't particularly like the sliding glass doors. They require a lot of scrubbing thanks to the soap scum. Shayna mentioned something about a new product that came out and I decided to try it out, it is the Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer, I love the regular Scrubbing Bubbles so I figured it would work just fine and it does. I am posting some before and after pictures of my shower doors, I really didn't have to do any scrubbing. I love to let people know when a product actually works.
Church: I am now the Senior Nursery Leader, I am sorry if I am not that excited but last year we had up to 18 kids (11 of them are now gone). I am now in charge of the whole thing and it is a little overwhelming for me. It is one thing to go and do what you are told, but to be in charge is jut too much for me right now. But it went well last week, I will probably end up teaching every Sunday since everybody else seems to always be gone visiting family. This is what I have been up to. It's not much, just your regular mom stuff and even when I feel down my kids can make me laugh and suddenly life doesn't feel so stressed out. Now that the kids are in bed we are going to enjoy some TV shows since that is the closest thing to a date that Dan and I can get these days. I keep uploading the pictures all weird, I hate it.
This is my backpack.


Here are the kids at the park eating a healthy lunch.

This is the new product that I love.

This is the after picture...

and here is the before picture.

Shayna and Tristan trying out the kite.

1 comment:
I looked at your pictures first and thought what a cute back pack. Then I read your blog and realized you made it and I am in awe! How the heck?
Post a Comment