I had the crazy and weird idea of giving Aaron a little potty for Christmas, hoping that he would get interested in going potty in it. He has been playing with it, but he never showed interest in actually doing it. For the last two days he has been showing discomfort with his diapers and lets me know when they are dirty, either pee or something else. Well today he had been telling me "caca" which is the word for poop in Spanish and we kept going to the big potty... nothing happened, then the last time he had something in the diaper and I sat him on the little potty, after waiting for a while I put on another diaper and he continued eating his snack. 5 minutes later he is screaming again, I take the diaper off and there is a little something again, then I sit him on the little potty and he sits there for like 5 minutes, he says he is all done and when he gets up to my surprise he went potty!!!!, of course we did a little song, of course we did a little dance and gave him hi 5, of course I took pictures!!!! I am so excited because potty training has been a struggle with all of my kids, I decided that this time I was going to wait until Aaron was ready and it is working. I know this is just the first time and he probably have accidents and need more time to get use to the underwear, but I am happy that he is trying. Sorry for the pictures, they are probably disgusting.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Potty training!!!
I had the crazy and weird idea of giving Aaron a little potty for Christmas, hoping that he would get interested in going potty in it. He has been playing with it, but he never showed interest in actually doing it. For the last two days he has been showing discomfort with his diapers and lets me know when they are dirty, either pee or something else. Well today he had been telling me "caca" which is the word for poop in Spanish and we kept going to the big potty... nothing happened, then the last time he had something in the diaper and I sat him on the little potty, after waiting for a while I put on another diaper and he continued eating his snack. 5 minutes later he is screaming again, I take the diaper off and there is a little something again, then I sit him on the little potty and he sits there for like 5 minutes, he says he is all done and when he gets up to my surprise he went potty!!!!, of course we did a little song, of course we did a little dance and gave him hi 5, of course I took pictures!!!! I am so excited because potty training has been a struggle with all of my kids, I decided that this time I was going to wait until Aaron was ready and it is working. I know this is just the first time and he probably have accidents and need more time to get use to the underwear, but I am happy that he is trying. Sorry for the pictures, they are probably disgusting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! It is so exciting when they do it by themselves. I am dreading potty training Isaac, but he is starting to act interested so I guess I better get working on it. Good luck!
Post a Comment