Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Break!!

Yay it's Monday after Spring Break and I feel like am doing pretty good with writing this post.
Sprink Break was a very much needed break, I didn't have to babysit at all and it gave us time to spend time with the kids (mostly me).  The kids enjoyed getting up later and lets face it I got to wake up at 8 am instead of 6 am.
We didn't really do that much but we did manage to spend time together a lot.
On Monday we worked really hard on getting their rooms cleaned up and finally getting Victor's room all set up with his furniture and clothes in place.  Shayna worked really hard on her room too and we were all very pleased with the results.  Since we worked all day we were pretty tired and with no dinner made by the time Dan go home, he suggested that we go out for dinner at Texas Road House since they have kids eat free on Mondays and that is just what we did.  We had a great time and the kids actually behaved better than expected even Kahlan.  Funny story... there was this guy sitting right next to us the entire time we were there and kept glancing at us every 5 minutes or so, he made me really nervous and kept waiting for him to say something to us, I thought it bothered him that we had so many kids or something but when we were getting ready to go he started to talk to the waitress and I thought "Oh boy here we go!", finally I heard the last of their conversation and he said that he was impressed with our family and how well behaved they were, how we didn't have to discipline them even once.... I was in shock, really?  My kids?  Anyways, it felt good that he was noticing that and not the glances and stares we were giving them when they were a little crazy.  It was a fun and nice evening with very good food.
On Tuesday we headed for the park after I hit the gym that morning and went on a hike so Victor can pass some Scout stuff, we walked for over an hour and had fun taking pics with Shayna and just listening to all the creatures out there, the weather was perfect.  After the walk we went to have a mini picnic and then let the kids loose to enjoy the playground, funny how Shayna still find way to entertain herself there.  Aaron blew bubble for a while and then we went home. I rented the Just Dance 4 game for the Wii and let the kids have at it for two days in a row, we all had fun playing with it.  Later that day Shayna and I had mutual night so we left the boys at home and went to have a spa day... they basically did their nails, had a massage and some got their hair done.


Wednesday I think we did much.  Shayna at some point made some worms out of gel-lo  but they didn't turn out that great, it was still cute that she tried to do something fun.
Thursday I took the kids over to their friends house they could all play for a while and their mom and I cut coupons for 2 hours straight.



Friday we spent the day home, I got a migraine at some point and went to lay down for a while but we did manage to get some time with the kids shooting with the BB guns and Dan even set up the gazebo thing in the back yard.  It was kind of cute to see them all set up for it, they love shooting with their dad.  Dan and Shayna tried to go to the movies but their movie was sold out and instead went out for lunch together. They brought us food for lunch too, it was really nice.






Saturday morning I took the little ones to the church for an Easter activity and in the afternoon took Shayna to a Youth activity.  It was the first time she went to a stake thing and she performed with her friends in front of everyone.  I still remember when I did that the first time, I was so nervous but it was a lot of fun too.  They did a good job considering they didn't practice that much and didn't have a lot of people in their group.



 Oh yeah and in between the church activities Dan and I managed to cook this awesome traditional Guatemalan meal called "Churrasco", basically something you eat at a special get together with grilled stake, grilled chicken and corn, baked potatoes, rice and beans, tortillas, chirmol (salsa) and you are all set.  It was delicious!!!



So all in all it was a good break and now we are back to reality and it was a nice Monday, quiet and full of kids at my house again!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger