Sunday, March 10, 2013

My crazy life!!!

So one of the reason why I haven't been able to keep up with my blog lately is because I have a new job.... at home.... babysitting.  I had been looking to do something like that since we moved here but somehow the opportunities were scarce and I really wanted to feel like I was doing something to help out Dan and feel productive.  I know that I have tons of things to do around here so it's not like I get bored but still I like feeling like I am helping the family.
So a friend from church mentioned to me about this opportunity and I went for it.  It really sounded like a good thing, 3 days out of the week, two little boys, just perfect.  Having time in between is great because I still get to do my shopping or just chill and spend time with my baby girl. 
So far it has worked more or less,  the only thing about this whole thing is that I asked for too little money hoping they would go with me and not looking anywhere else, well now I realize that was dumb.... she said we would talk again in the Spring and see how things go so I am crossing my fingers that it will work.
The kids are great, the baby is a year old and a very good baby when he is not sick, takes long naps and likes me a lot, Kahlan on the other hand has to fight for the spotlight and mama's attention which she definitely has but when I am feeding him she gets really jealous.  The older boy who is 4 can be a little bit of a challenge some times when I ask him to clean up after himself or eat his lunch, he is a great eater but sometimes he hates the food the mom brings him.
The other thing that I have an issue with is time for pick up, I was told she would come pick them up at 3:30 or 4 a the latest, either her or the husband have great hours because she is a school teacher and I guess his job is flexible... well that was how it worked out the first week but then it has been like 5 o'clock almost everyday which can delay be quite a bit, dinner gets delayed, homework doesn't get done before Dan gets home and I get a little grouchy because an extra hour or two with a tired baby can feel longer than that.  
I am grateful for the chance that I have to contribute to the household but I need to have a talk with them and see if we can either make it closer to what we agreed on at the beginning or them giving me a little raise. They have to know that they have it really good with me :)  
Anyways I have been so busy with this new thing that I just don't have time to sew like I used to, or work on other projects, even Shayna can see it and asks me when am I going to go back to work on crafts and stuff. Anyways I know we will get the hang of it, we always do but I will try to update my blog more often, at least once a week so I can post pics of my kids and the things they are doing, they are so good at school and we are just missing so much that needs to be on here, so keep checking  in, I might take advantage of Spring break to update!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger