Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Inspiration comes to you in the weirdest places.

Yesterday I took Kahlan to the doctor to get a little spot on her skin checked out and as usual it took forever so my plans for the day kind of went down the drain.  What I did do was clean the bathrooms which had been on my mind since a week ago.  I mean the bathrooms get cleaned by the kids every week once a week at least and I do that to teach them how to take care of things around the house so when they have a home of their own they can pitch in, it doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, you should all know how to clean a bathroom period, then I do a big cleaning session about once a month so they can actually get really really cleaned. So Victor so far is the best at cleaning the bathroom and if you give him a good incentive he will do it even better.... Shayna on the other hand has a hard time cleaning after the boys, which I completely understand so she usually gets the easiest bathroom.  I get my bathroom cleaned up but had forgotten about it for a while and it kept calling my name until Dan cleaned the toilet for me and that was the push I needed ha ha.  He did a great job but I needed to finish the entire thing.  So I pushed myself to go ahead and clean all three bathrooms while Kahlan took a nap.  Before I knew it the kids made it home and then my cleaning got interrupted and it took me almost two hours to finish it all.  

OK so moving on to my special spiritual experience.  As I was cleaning my toilet I came to the same spot where I have a problem with, the tank is kind of loose and it always makes me nervous that it will brake off the base and that would be so bad, then it hit me, my wonderful father in law many many MANY years ago while we lived in VA had come to our house for yet another project that got too complicated for Dan and me.  The toilet was giving us a hard time and he came and helped us fix it, in the process of fixing it he noticed the toilet tank was way to far off the wall and he then showed me how to do an easy fix, he asked for a piece of Styrofoam and put in in between the tank and wall and it fixed the problem.  Funny how that little fix made me feel better about our toilet and the house even sold with that little piece of Styrofoam in there.  I had forgotten all about it until today.  I immediately went to look for a piece and put it in there.  I am happy to say it really does the trick.  Anyways as I am sitting there on my knees finishing the job I kept thinking about him and all the things he ever talked to me about, all of our one on one conversations when he was always teaching me something or giving me advice on so many things.  He was such a good person and so good to me, he really did make feel special and I could feel that he loved me as if I were his own daughter.  I always admired all the knowledge he had and all his stories even if he added some extra details in them and you know what, that's what made him who he was, a story teller.
When I say that he helped me through so many things I mean mostly by just listening and when asked he would give me his wise advise and there was this particular time when I was having a really really hard time and was extremely mad and he said such kind words to me, instead of telling me what I wanted to hear he pointed out my strengths and told me how much better of a person I would be if I just did the kind and nice thing at the time.  I have to say I followed his advice and to this day I don't regret it, he knew me better than I did at that moment and I know he was the answer to my prayers then and he was talking to me once again some how in the bathroom.
I have been dealing with some personal stuff once again and he is not there to call him, but his words were loud and clear and I know what I need to do now and I will follow his advice.  The Lord has answered my prayers through him somehow and I am grateful for it.  Funny how stubborn we are and we just keep looking for what we want to hear, what we think would be the solution but in the end it is always required of us to be humble and to do the right thing.  

I have to say that I often think of him and get really sad but then I turned it around and end up laughing at the silly things he used to joke about with me, he is missed every day. 
So there is my little story of the day and I am happy I wrote it down because I don't want to forget this. 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger