For no reason at all I just wanted to post a few things about my kids. Shayna got her Young Women's necklace last night, it is different from the one I wore when I was in the program. She wore it proudly to school today and I know it will be a reminder to her of what she needs to stand for and the good choices she has to make.
She is by the way enjoying being out of primary very much and learning a lot in Sunday School.
Victor won a ribbon for a nice Rodeo picture he drew, it was on display for a while but we were never told so we missed it, but he brought home from school a week ago and I can see why he is so proud of himself. He also got a prize at school for reading three books that were part of the Blue Bonnet celebration (or something like that). He smiles when I tell him how many things he has been getting lately for participating in different events.
My Tristan is growing a little bit more, his pants for church were beginning to look very small so I took out the hem that I made for him when we first go his suit and that was about a year ago. He is my smallest boy so it makes me happy to see that he is growing, he is small but is a boy with a big heart. He loves to read and work on his homework and has beautiful handwriting, better than mine. He also participated on the Rodeo contest but his drawing didn't make it, I LOVED it though.
Aaron has been a little touchy lately, cries about everything, he is not that much of a crier usually so this concerns me a little. He cut himself with my rotary cutter yesterday and when I asked him how it happened he started to cry, it wasn't about the pain but the fact that he knew he had done something bad... play with my tools. I tried to mend him as much as I could and he is all better now, He is my curious George around here, he is always investigating where the noises are coming from, notices things that no one else does and loves to talk about it, boy is he a talker. He will talk your ears off and sometimes I find myself just nodding my head and he will come to me and say "stop nodding your head and listen to me"... poor guy, but he does talk to no end.
Kahlan my little smarty pants, where do I start? She is already a year old, she is not walking yet but I am sure it will happen soon. She communicates with us all the time and repeats a lot of the words that we use, a lot of them in Spanish. She loves her brothers and gets annoyed at Shayna because she is always in her face. Kahlan loves her dad and calls him "Da" I of course am "Mama" and my mom is "Yaya", she loves to talk on the phone and anything she can fit in her hands becomes a cellphone which she puts in her back of her head and says "lo". I recently got her some puzzles and she loves them, well she loves to pull the pieces out of it. Her favorite pastime is taking all the movies out of the entertainment center, it becomes a chore to me since I have to put them back. She has gained almost 3 lbs in the last month and has a big appetite, she wants to eat everything we eat, except for sweets, she is not very fond of them, I think her birthday cake might have something to do with it. She is still the greatest sleeper ever, we thought since my mom left and she had to go back to her crib that it was going to be a challenge for us but no, she did very well the first night and we didn't hear a thing.
There now I feel better for writing some little things about my kids and what they are into at this point, I think we will be doing an update on them every month to keep for our records.

No comments:
Post a Comment