Years ago a cartoon came out on TV that had a line like this "Stupid dog!" I hated the cartoon and could not stand watching it but that line has stuck with me and I have been using it a lot lately. No we did not get a dog, yes I have been dealing with a stupid dog or two for that matter.
The house next door to us had been vacant for over a year and we finally got some people move in recently, at first it was just a lady and her significant other (yeah one of those couples) then her parents and then her brother, a couple of dogs showed up shortly after and then my frustration started. They have Chihuahua dogs and they are annoying, they dig under the fence and come to our backyard to dig holes, pee and poop. Not only the backyard but also our front yard which seems to be their favorite dumping grounds, literally. One day Tristan stepped on some poop that was in our drive way, got the poop in the house cuz he didn't even notice it. So there I was on my knees cleaning the mess that wasn't ours to begin with.
For Kahlan's birthday party we had some friends come over and when they knocked on the door I heard the evil dogs barking at them, they had little ones so it was kind of scary for a 3 year old to have a dog that size jump all over her.
Once we opened the door for Shayna's friend and the dog came in the house, Kahlan was crawling around ad I freaked out because the dogs are very violent.
Every day when the boys come from school the run in the house and are chased by the stupid dogs all the way to the front door. They also sit in front of our door on our welcome mat. I don't know why they like our house better than theirs.
I went over to talk to their owners about it about a month ago, letting them know they were playing in our backyard, the guys said something like "yeah they are small and get under the fence, ha ha". I turned around and went home annoyed that he didn't offer to go get them.
Last week I went over there because Tristan is afraid of dogs and is tired of coming home to some crazy dogs that bark and try to attack him every time.
I went over there in the evening hoping to find the lady home but she wasn't there, her dad once again opened the door but this time the stupid dog came running straight at me and started biting me on the leg, the guy kept telling the dog to stop but wouldn't help me get it off me. The dog finally let go and I told him that THAT was the reason why I was there. I explained to him how annoying they were, how they chase my kids and how they are little but still dogs and my kids are little too and could get bitten by them. He didn't really seem willing to help me out and seemed very annoyed instead saying things like "but they are little" or "it is not a he, it's a she" when I told him his dog poops everywhere in my yard, like that is something I care. I asked him nicely and he mumbled something like we'll try....
The next day we could hear them working in the backyard and we could see that they did try but half an hour later the stupid dogs were running across our yard once again and immediately started to growl and bark at me when I tried to get them out of there.
I honestly think that people who owns any kind of pet need to be responsible for it, what ever damage he does to other people's properties or if they are getting our of your yard wouldn't you want to know so you can fix the problem? I could really get them in trouble and things can get ugly really fast but I hate confrontation, believe or not. I have been advised by many people to record the different things these dogs do and hopefully it will help me show proof later on about how annoying and crazy they are. I could care less about the dogs but it is my little kids I worry about, Aaron and Tristan see a mouth full of teeth that could hurt them, I see a little baby trying to learn how to walk or playing in the backyard who could find dog poop and play with it or even worse eat it.... gross.
Hopefully thing will get better.

2 comments:
I say next time they come in your yard you let Dan get our his BB gun and give Victor a shooting lesson right there! They are trespassing! As for the poop... we used to have a neighbor's dog who would always poop in our yard back in LA... and Seth could get the shovel and just throw it right back into their yard. I was always embarrassed, but he assured me that they should be the ones embarrassed! :)
I say call animal control. If they can't control their animals-someone will.
Post a Comment