Shayna got The Hunger Games book from grandma for her birthday last year and she read it in like a week. I was intrigued about the book when Dan told me he found her crying in her room one night while reading the book. After she was done she gave me the book to read and let's just say that I am hooked on this one, I mean I was because I finished it in a couple of weeks. I am so proud of myself for finishing a book and THAT quick. Let's face it I don't have a lot of time to read and I am the kind of person that gets really sleepy when I am reading, yes even reading the scriptures... my mom tells the story of me falling asleep while reading some book years ago. I like reading but it is really hard for me to get interested enough to keep going, that is why I enjoy having Dan read to me or books on tape so I can do something while listening and I don't feel like I am just sitting there. Let's face it we are all different and reading is not for everybody. Anyways, the book was really good and we got the second book last week, Shayna is about to be done with it and I am close behind. I am so excited there is going to be a movie coming out soon and hoping they will do a great job on it. I love the character because she is a strong young woman, not physically but you know, she knows who she is and what she wants, she loves her family and friends and is willing to die for them. What I think is funny is that Dan hasn't read the book yet and feels a little left out when Shayna and I talk about the book... finally Shayna and I have something in common :)
PS. I think I like these books better than the Twilight ones...
Just wanted to share that.

1 comment:
Allison and I read them about a year ago and loved them. Natalie is reading them now and is just about finished with the second one. This is the first time I have ever seen her stay up late to read.
Post a Comment