Sunday, February 26, 2012

There is a First Time for Everything.

Oh what precious moments we have when we are young and the wonderful memories they become when we get older.  I am watching my daughter growing up and turning into a beautiful young woman who is enjoying her wonderful experiences in life.  This last week she went to the Temple for the first time in her life and I could not help but share my experiences as a young woman, I tried to tell her about how special it was going to be and what a big responsibility it was for her to be able to go and do baptisms for the dead.  As I talked to her about my first time inside the Temple I kept seeing myself in her, what a great age she is at right now, so pure, so innocent and full of excitement.  I can tell she really likes her new life in young women, she has new friends and is looking up to her leaders as role models.  It gives me great joy to know that so far she is loving it.  She also had her first talk during sacrament meeting today.  She almost forgot  about writing it, we kept reminding her but I decided a long time ago that she has to learn from her own mistakes and she can be guided by us but she will ultimately has do choose what she wants to do.  She is so busy with school stuff and I know how it goes but at least we remembered in time for her to write it all on her own.  She really did a good job and some tears were shed but after some input from her mom and dad she got all done and ready to go.  Poor Shayna was so nervous she read super fast but the people who actually payed attention came to me later letting me know what a great job she did.  Even one of the speakers quoted something she said on her talk.  I could not help but sit there and be nervous with her with my sweaty palms until she was all done.
It is an interesting phase in my life right now having a 12 year old and a baby at the same time, such different experiences, some times they are hard and others are tough but mostly great.  I love my girlies and all those crazy boys.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger