Those two horrible words you just don't want to hear about. Here is my story:
It is Saturday night and after tucking everybody in bed Shayna tells me she doesn't feel very well, I immediately think that it was probably the hamburger I got for her as a special treat a couple of hours earlier after the Young Women Broadcast. I just tell her to go to sleep and she will feel better later. Kahlan is already in her little bed asleep. A couple of hours later I am awaken by a sorry looking Shayna holding her baby sister telling me she threw up all over her bed and she took Kahlan out of the room so she wouldn't step on it.... After inspection of their bedroom I discover Shayna has made the biggest made she is ever made in her entire life, she is the one kid who always avoided to throw up on the carpet as much as she could and actually she doesn't get sick that much. The scene was horrible, it was on the wall, on her bed, on the carpet the rug and a couple of pillows and blankets that were on the floor. Meanwhile Kahlan is peacefully sleeping on the couch by now and I am working really hard to get Shayna's mess cleaned up, put the blankets and pillows in the washer and got my carpet cleaner out because there was no way I was going to clean that by hand, as usual my trusty carpet cleaner picked up the mess just fine. I started to feel a little quesie but thought it was because of the mess. An hour later I took Kahlan up in my closet and put her in the playpen for the night. By the morning I already knew we were not going to be attending church because for one Shayna was still sick and throwing up and I was too tired. When Aaron woke up he said his tummy hurt but I thought he was making it up to avoid church, he smiled at me and said he was fine and ate breakfast but about 15 minutes later he ran to the bathroom and then we knew we had an epidemic at home. I kept feeling really sick and started to think what the heck did we eat that got us sick. My first thought was some eggs we ate Saturday at Steven's house for our little Easter celebration but I don't think they got sick so that left our dinner we had Friday night. I made a roast or what I thought was a roast and turned out to be pork, it was really good and the kids all ate, I ate it except Dan and Kahlan who of course is refusing to eat anything at all lately. So that's what it was I am sure.
Later on Sunday Victor follow suit and Tristan was still feeling fine until Monday morning when he woke up feeling not too well either. They all stayed home from school and took the day off from babysitting so we could all feel better and not pass our lovely germs to other people. By the end of the day we were feeling a lot better and the kids went back to school yesterday. I am not 100% yet because my tummy decided being sick is a lot of fun but at least I am cooking again and did a lot of cleaning and laundry yesterday.
I had not felt that sick in a long time, it brought me to tears at some point from the pain I was feeling, Shayna had a high fever and thankfully I was able to keep it under control. We were so weak and tried really hard to get hydrated, Dan got us a bunch of Gatorade and it was wonderful to have something to drink. I could not eat for a whole 2 days... it was crazy.
All is good in Zion now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment