Friday, April 5, 2013

3 hours later....

Who knew a new haircut and a little bit of color would take 3 hours? Close to 4 hours actually.  Yesterday I braved myself and made and appointment at the hair salon and they took me in at 4:30 and I was hoping to be back home in time for dinner at 6:30.
Ana, the hair specialist :) said it could be done quick and she knew what she was doing so I trusted her with my precious hair which I had been growing long for the last couple of years.  My idea was to get the ombre style on me with a purple color but I was told they were out of purple and I had to settle for a violet red.  I was really really nervous about the whole thing and kept saying a prayer in my head the entire time, specially at the end when she started to cut my hair all over again and I saw chunks of the red stuff fall on the floor and I felt so sick to my stomach.  In the end it turned out great, my hair is not as long but she did try really hard to get the look I was going for.  She was an older Asian woman and hardly talked to me which is fine because the conversations at the hair salon can be can of weird.  Her assistant on the other hand had 3 customers during the time I was there and they were all guys and all three of them were so flirty with her and talking about their intimate details of their lives, I tried not to listen to them but they were so loud and now I know things that I was happy not knowing before :)
Anyways when I came home the kids were shocked to see my hair with a new shade and Shayna thinks it looks really good.  Dan was just disappointed in the color, we had both talked about it before and thought that purple was better but it's OK, next time!!!

PS. The reason it took so long was because on the right side there was a stubborn piece of hair that didn't take the color and she had to do the whole process again....

 I love the back, it looks really cool.  It was straight yesterday and it looked better than I thought it would but I wore my soft curlers to bed and took them off this morning :)  Love it!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger