If there is something to say about Dan and I is that we are kind of simple people, we don't really want a fancy life or anything like that, we do like nice things but we like old fashion things a lot.... I don't know if that makes sense but that's just how we are.
So when we first got cellphones back in 2003 I believe we went with the simplest plan there was, the cheapest too. We never texted to each other or anyone else, before the cellphones we had a funny system when Dan was at work and he needed to talk to me, he would use a pay phone and he would call me collect then he would say the call was from "1" or "2".... 1 was a certain payphone and 2 was a different one. He would then hangup and I would call him back to either number and that's how it went for a very long time.
We finally decided that a cellphone was needed for emergencies and so we did. It was really nice to talk to each other constantly and know he was safe or if he needed help or anything like that, he also had piece of mind knowing that when I finally got a car and was driving around there would be a way to make sure I was OK.
Then one day we tried texting but found out it was a little extra on our service so we limited that as well. Eventually did upgrade our phones but our service was still the basic so were the phones, when we moved to Texas we went in with Steven and Amber to get a good deal on a family plan and it worked out for almost 5 years but we do tend to text a lot and also now that Shayna is babysitting a lot I get texts from lots of people all the time and I usually go over our limit which is 500 texts.... yikes. I talked to Dan about changing to a different provider because our options seemed better and cheaper in the end, we were basically looking for a plan that would allow us to text and use internet on it without getting charged extra. It seems like Kahlan loved to download stuff or get online on my old phone whenever she found it laying around and that was not a good thing.
Anyways we went last week after doing lots of research and talking to my sister in law Tashia who recently got a new phone and also got Virgin Mobile as her provider and she was very happy with it, it is a reasonable price, there is no contract and we got cool phones, our first "smart phones", even though they are considered to be on the low end of smart phones we have been pretty happy with them so far. They are like a mini tablet and fun to use when we are sitting around waiting in line to get the kids from school, the park or just whenever, Dan and I keep in touch constantly and can send pictures and texts non stop, we got unlimited data and text, our calls are limited to 1200 minutes a month each I believe but it seems sufficient for our needs. It has been a week since we got them and we are pretty much used to them now.
I am able to take pretty good pictures with it and even video.
Apparently we got them for a really good price (at least that's what Tristan said to us since his teacher has the exact same phone).
We are waiting for their new cases to come in the mail so we can dress them up and keep them safe, I am known for dropping my phone all the time.
This was a big step for us, we didn't really like the idea of tablets or sliding our fingers across a little screen but I have to admit that they are really really fun... I guess it had to happen some day right?
We are grateful that we were able to have a good service for so many years and to have been customers of the same provider for so many years that was just crazy, I guess we will miss Verizon but sadly we had to say goodbye and found a better match for our needs, thanks Steven and Amber for having us this many years :)

1 comment:
Thanks for keeping our bill down all these years :) You've got us thinking about smart phones now, I didn't realize there was anyone offering data plans that cheap. You'll have to let us know how your coverage is!
Post a Comment