This park also had a nature center which had lots of information on the animals and bugs you can find in the park. They have a snake zoo which is what Aaron called it and they got to see the snakes being fed. They had some live turtles and lots of other things. It was a good learning experience for them and it kept them occupied for a couple of hours.
Dan and I had been talking about taking off during the weekend and go somewhere with the kids and enjoy some family time since he did not have school work, a little summer break. We had planned going maybe to San Antonio or Corpus Cristy again but then Saturday morning came around and we did not go anywhere. We thought about going bowling or mini golf playing but in the end nothing worked out. So we ended up driving to Katy Mills mall and walked around for a while, got a good deal at Old Navy on shirt for Shayna and me, Shayna got to jump on a trampoline for a while and then we got in the car just to discovered that it would not start. We ended up using the road side assistance and they came to give our battery a jump start. I am happy to say we made it home but the car did not want to start after we got home.
Sunday we did not go to church due to me feeling a little bit under the weather and just waited all day until it was time to go over to Steven's house for the 4th of July celebration. I really wanted to go downtown again and see the display there because it was really fun when we did that 2 years ago but I made Dan promise we would do that next year :)
Steven had lots of fireworks since he entered a drawing and got $250.00 worth of fireworks. The kids had so much fun with the display and there were also two other houses having their own display so it was very fun. We are so grateful they shared their fireworks with our kids, this year I did not bother to go and buy any.
On a side note I realized that day that I am not capable of being a social butterfly, Steven and Amber had some friends over that night and I could not find a way to talk to them or try to be a normal person around them. That made me feel awkward the entire time and I am really hoping that it didn't show that much :) Oh well, that's me.

No comments:
Post a Comment