Poor Dan is also in the same place as me, so we decided to make a drastic change in our lives, little by little of course but we hope it works.
We are not really on a diet, but we are trying to eat healthier and smaller portions, Dan is getting about 1,500 calories a day and I am doing now 1,300 calories or less. I have done this before when I am pregnant so the calorie counting for me is not a big deal. We do feel like we are starving sometimes but thank goodness for snacks, so we have like 5 or 6 meals during the day.
I am also trying to exercise during the day at least for half an hour. We are not dropping the weight like crazy but at least we are not gaining any more either. I can see the difference in my clothes which is great.
I have a couple of people that are a great example to me, my sister in law Lisa (who is doing awesome and is a big inspiration) and our friend Erik from Virginia who lost like 36 pounds in two months.
We are not planning on loosing weight and then go back to our normal eating habits, we actually like what we are doing and plan to stick with eat, I mean we are over thirty now and I guess the fun is all gone right? No but seriously we hope to stay on track except when we have out birthday celebrations and big holidays. We still enjoy the cooking in the grill but instead of two hamburgers and 2 hot dogs, we are now down to 2 veggie burgers for Dan and 1 for me, they are not that bad really.
I know that I will never go back to look the way I did 10 years ago, but if I can go back to being size 7 (which was my size after I had Tristan) it will make so happy.
By the way, here is a picture of a product that I happened to find a a dollar store, you can cook your vegetables in the microwave and it works really well.

7 comments:
good for you guys! i say this as I am eating a brownie... and you are making me feel very guilty about it!! ;) Hey... at least I made the low fat kind?! (or i will just keep telling myself that)
You will never regret a decision to take good care of your body. That is awesome! Be careful with how low your calories go though. If your exercising 1300 sounds kind of low. Good luck.
WAY TO GO!!!
That is awesome. I need to do that same thing. And, by the way, I was thinking the same thing that Emily was thinking. Great job, keep up the good work. You are an inspiration.
Way to go Hyde! I know what you mean, you turn 30 and your metabolism just slows down. I can see it happening to me as well and it makes me want to scream! Oh to have that 19 year old body again!
Good for you! I hope it works well for both of you. That is great that you are committed to sticking with a healthy lifestyle after you loose weight too. That is the key I think. Good luck!
You are better than me! I'm not brave enough for veggie burgers, but it is amazing when you start to watch what you eat at what you can change.
Post a Comment