So Shayna still has a broken arm and we could not get her to a doctor this week but she has an appointment for Monday, they told me the swelling needs to come down on her arms before they can do a cast or anything else, so we are just waiting. It is driving me crazy not knowing what's going to happen, I am hoping for the best and I know that it is probably a very easy procedure if they do have to do the surgery, but still I am a mom and I do get worried.
More things kept happening to me this week, it is just ridiculous, we had a snake in the driveway and my mom just about to had a heart attack, I was brave enough to kill it when it got in our garage and of course I didn't want in the walls of the house, it was pretty gross. On Monday we I drove Shayna to a Dr. appointment just to get there and find out that they didn't take our insurance so I drove back home in tears because I was thinking Shayna's arm was going to get all messed up. That same day I got a traffic violation ticket in the mail, but it wasn't my fault, on the weekends Dan actually drives the minivan so I know I was not the one driving, the traffic violation was for failing to stop at a red light (he was turning right). Ridiculous!!! We still have to pay it and the good thing is that we wont get any points on our driving records.
Yesterday I finished decorating a huge cake order. It was a sheet cake (double layer) with a top hat on top with 4 bunnies coming out of it and then 4 individual cakes for each of the kids. It was tons of work and I thought it would never end, but it did turn out very cute and I love it. In making this cake I have taught myself a couple of lessons that hopefully in the future will help so the work is easier, it wasn't as fun making this cake because I was very stressed about it, but the end result made me very happy. Here are some pictures.
If you want to see the cakes I have made lately here is a link to my cake blog
http://hydescreations.blogspot.com/

7 comments:
Cute cake Hyde! So Sorry to hear about Shayna. What a trooper
That cake is awesome!!!
Love that cake!! Good job!
oh my goodness!!! Those cakes are amazing! You have some serious talent!
wow Hyde that is a lot of work! But they look really cute.
I'm proud of you for being so brave with the snake.
Awesome cakes! I'm very jealous of this talent, but I'm making headway...Saturday, I actually got a 2 layer round cake to sit right..To bad I forgot about it in the oven and it cooked 10 min longer than it should have! Someday.....I'll get it down!
once again you did it! Another amazing creation by Hyde!!
Post a Comment