Yeah I do. No for no special reason I just love them and they sure love me :) Right now as I am writing this Tristan is crying in the background but I still love them!!!
School is about to be over in a week and a half and I know it is going to be very challenging for me because they will be home ALL day and you know they will have to be entertained 100%.
They are loving school right now (all of them) and have lots of friends and even with a broken arm Shayna manages to do great with school work. She just got the results for the Math TASKS test (or what ever that test is called) and she did great, on the other one she scored 100% and she said that she almost got 100% on this one as well. We are so proud of her, a lot of her friends have to go to summer school and pass the test or they will stay in 3rd. grade.
Victor is doing great with reading and writing stories, I was going to post some of his stories here but I lost them, he has a great imagination. As I have said before, he has a very unique personality and we have to be very patient with him but he is a very clever guy.
Tristan knows a lot of things, he is so ready to start Kinder (at least that's what I think). He is learning how to read and loves to sound the letters and do math (kind of advanced for his age), he also loves to tell me what words start with certain letters and he gives me long lists not just 3 or 4 words. I have this set of books that I got for Shayna when she was Tristan's age and she learned to read with those books, Victor also used them but it was a little harder with him, now Tristan in one day after 2 tries recognized all the words in the first book and now can read it back to me, even Shayna was amazed by this. He is so smart. Sorry, usually I don't go on and on about how smart my kids are, but I just feel so proud of them and how good they are at school. Let's just hope that they continue like that.
Shayna had started piano lessons the week before she broke her arm but now she will have to wait until she gets the cast off, Amber said she did really good on her first lesson.
Aaron is sick my poor little guy has a really bad cough and 2 ear infections. He kept begging me two days ago to take him to the doctor because there is something in his ear and it really hurts. I took him to the doctor yesterday (because they had no openings the day before) and now he has his medication for the infection and the cough so he should be getting better soon.
He is also learning a lot at home, both in English and Spanish, he is really good at both but just like the other ones, prefers to speak English most of the time.
Being a mom is the best thing and the hardest thing that I have ever had to do in my life, it gives me a sense of accomplishment and at the same time of failure knowing that I could be doing more for them and teaching them better. I try as hard as I can to be a good example and give them all the love that I can give them, it might not be enough for some of them but I do love them all the same. I always wondered how is it that you can love so many little people without having a favorite, but it just comes naturally and just knowing that they are part of me brings this unconditional love for them. I hope they know that, if not now in the future, I hope they know of all the sacrifices we make for them and how everything we do is for them, we may not be the richest parent in the world but all we have we give to them.

1 comment:
You ARE the richest parents in the world!! It may not be in dollars, but you are SO rich in family and the love and happiness that overflow from that!! You have a beautiful family and children and I think you are a fabulous mom!
Post a Comment