Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New look!!!

The challenges we go through in life sometimes seem harder than what they are and sometimes you don't even think about how little things will change the everyday tasks. What I am referring to is Shayna's cast. We are so happy that she didn't have to have a surgery done on her arm and it turned out that the ER people were making a big deal of a minor fracture. After a 2 hour wait at the doctor we were able to finally get the cast on Shayna's arm and she will have to deal with it for 4 weeks. It has been a week since she broke her arm and the only annoying thing about it is that I have to wrap up her arm with two plastic bags so she can take a shower and not get the arm wet. Well I am so sick of it and can't deal with all the hair getting in the way and also fixing her hair everyday when she is very able of doing it on her own when she is not broken :) I know I am complaining too much, but I also have 3 other little people to get ready every day and give baths to. So what did I do? I opted for a hair cut, yes the shortest one she has ever gotten, I think she looks cute and the best thing is that she can just put some hair clips on her and she is done. With four kids I am just looking for easy ways out so don't judge me.
Going to the park is another painful thing for Shayna since she can't play like she usually does, but I keep telling her that it will be for 4 more weeks, she gets all teary but then goes on and plays with her brothers.
Life is good, we are happy and probably with less hair but happy none the less. Isn't Shayna so cute??? :)


Here she is showing off her cast all signed up by her friends and family already.

Here she is very proud of herself after fixing her hair.

5 comments:

Denise said...

That isn't short at all, it's just darling. Way to make your life a little easier-sometimes we need to just do it.

Anna said...

I am glad that she didnt need surgery. Her hair looks cute!

Tiffany W. said...

Love the new look! Seriously, so cute! but then again, Shayna would be beautiful even if you shaved her head!! (although for social reasons, I don't suggest it! ;)

Dad said...

Hey Shayna,you look happier about your cast then you do about the new hair style. I like your new hair, but you can get rid of the cast as soon as possible.

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Broken arms are such a pain!! The hair is darling! LOVE IT!

Only a few weeks to go!

Powered By Blogger