Wow two posts in one day... But now I can breath a sigh of relief :)
I went to my appointment with the high risk doctor and after waiting for almost two hours (the waiting is the most horrible part), I go in there and it only takes 20 minutes for the whole thing to be over. They did a very detailed ultrasound and checked the fluids and everything looked good, the doctor did not show any concern about the echogenic bowel syndrome because all the other tests they had done came back normal. She told me there is a chance of 1% of having a baby with Down Syndrome and she honestly didn't know why I was there in the first place... they were concern about the diabetes but the baby has a good weight, kind of small for her age (4 lbs 3 oz.) but since I am doing great with keeping my numbers down with the diabetes there should not be any problem at all. She told me that she thinks the baby will be just fine and whatever is in the intestines right now is probably due to an infection I had at the beginning of the pregnancy and the deposits should come out after she poops for the first time...
I can not tell you how relieved I felt when I heard this and grateful that my baby girl will be OK, my main concern was her health, I was already thinking about medical problems and all sorts of things. Thank you all for your support and prayers, they are greatly appreciated.
Also a big thanks to my sis in law who watched my kids today for almost 4 hours so I could get this done, you are a lifesaver Amber :)
I also got to see a 3D image of the baby and she looks so cute already. I really can't wait now.

4 comments:
I'm sure you're breating a sigh of relief. Glad to hear all is well with everyone. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby girl.
That is such great news!!!
I'm so, so glad and thankful that the baby is okay, and I am also SO glad that you are feeling better! It was fun to have the kids over - your kids are no problem and Olivia just LOVED playing with her cousins! (Carmen mostly loved her nap.)
Oh, that is such good news! I'm so happy that everything looks healthy and normal with the baby.
Post a Comment